Help, I need a good Reconstructer

Islandgirl

Hi, I need help. I want to purchase a good reconstructor. I was wondering if you can tell me what reconstructor you are using and what it has done for your hair or if it made a difference to your hair (was your hair damaged, dry etc.) and what is your routine for your reconstructor (for example: I use it every four weeks, or before and after relaxers, and I shampoo with this particular shampoo when i do my protein treatments etc. ) Suggestions for reconstructors I would like to hear about: Elucence Extended Repair, Aubrey, Lanza, Design Essentials Reconstructor, Keracare Super reconstructor, Nexxus Keraphix, Joico K-Pak, and Mizani. If you have a reconstructor that you use that's not on my list of suggestions, tell me about it, because i am sure i am missing something. Thank you, all of your responses will help me find a good reconstructor. Really, thanks!!!!

adrienne0914

i have the Affirm 5-in-1 Reconstructor. i just LOVE this product! it makes my hair so manageable and has incredible slip. i also believe my hair's stronger because of my use of it. i so rarely wear my hair down. so i don't really have any damage or particular issues. since i'm not trying to recover from anything, the change isn't that dramatic. i do know i lose alot less during my combouts when i use this product. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Allandra

Right now, I'm using L'anza Reconstructor (from the same line as the L'anza Protein Plus shampoo). It has a nice smell. It always leaves my hair nice and soft (so soft that I don't always follow it up with a moisturizing shampoo).

I've read so many raves about Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment. I was thinking about trying that one next.

Lindy

I recently bought Nexxus Keraphix but I've only used it once, so I can't really give a proper review of it yet. I was pleased with the results that time, though. I do follow it with a moisturizing conditioner, by the way.

A good, inexpensive reconstructor is Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. It seems to give good results.

I've definitely noticed a lot less breakage since I've been using reconstructors coupled with moisturizing conditioners. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HTH

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I like Remedi Therex. When my hair was relaxed, my stylist would mix it with the Remedi HPC and put me under the dryer for 30 minutes. While she ate her hot wings... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Sometimes I mix it with another conditioner, but I usually use it alone. You can read about it here: Remedi/Epitomi

I buy mine from sheldeez.com

Islandgirl

Adrienne, Allandra, Lindy, and Sassygirl125, I thank you all for your rseponses!!! I really appreciate them. I am still welcoming suggestions, because I really want to be informed before I purchase a reconstructor. So please girls, help me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NAY007

Right now I'm in love with St. Ives Fortifying Reconstructor. I really believe that it made my hair stronger and it is always very easy to comb afterwards. I use it whenever I wash my hair which is twice a week. I like it so much that I just ordered six bottles.
Nay.

lexi_24

Hey Islandgirl, thanks for creating this thread. I am also interested in learning more about reconstructors. For those who use them.....how often do you use it? How soon after a touch-up should you use a reconstructor?

Thanks!!

Lindy

I use reconstructors pretty often... I'd say every other week, maybe even every week if I'm noticing more breakage than usual. They are not full fledged protein (like Nexxus Emergencee and Aphogee) so I don't think they cause protein overload.

Adrienne,

How much did you pay for the Affirm Reconstructor? The place where I go, which usually jacks up their prices but they have all the products I need, charged $33 for it! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Is it worth the price?

adrienne0914

shanda, i actually bought it from someone in another hair club. she didn't care for the KeraCare line and sold me that and three other products for $20!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif $33 is a bit much. you should get it from Sheldeez. you can get the 32 oz for $35, or the 16 oz for $20.

adrienne

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
The Therex Therapeutic Hair Reconstructor bottle says "for severely damaged and degraded hair, treat 2x a week for 4 weeks and then 1x per week until the damage is corrected." It also says it's okay to use daily w/o heat. A former stylist mixed it with Remedi HPC and used it as a deep conditioning treatment after a relaxer (after neutralizing--not before). This is how I use it--minus the relaxer.
I haven't used it since I started my henna treatments. I thought it would be protein overload...

Islandgirl

Nay007 thanks for your response! Lexi24 thanks for asking those additional questions. I'm still on the lookout-i'm leaning toward a bunch, hopefully I will be able to find the right one, Keracare Super Reconstructor, Nexxus Keraphix, Aphogee, Aubrey GPB, Avlon 4 in 1. I have had hairdressers use Avlon/Affirm 4 in 1 and Keracare Super Reconstructor in my hair before.