Help! Braid out question

nnmiles

I love braidouts, however, I have a question. How do you wear your hair when you go to sleep when trying to keep a braidout? Or does anyone re-braid every night and take a loose every morning?
Thanks,
Nat

I can get my braidouts to look decent for two days. (I stuff my hair under a bonnet as neatly as possible and sleep on my stomach....i'm not a wild sleeper) After that I have to make my hair damp or cowash and rebraid overnight.

Put the hair up in a loose ponytail. I split the hair from ear-to-ear when it was shorter, but just keep it high on the head to keep it from flattening.

I put my hair on the top of my head and put on a bonnet. It lasts about 2-3 days this way.

After that, if I don't want to redo I'll pull it back in a ponytail or bun.

My hair is neck length so the ponytails overnight dont work for me... I have to dampen and seal with oil and rebraid nightly.

Im a natural chick, but what I do is put my hair in much larger braids and wear a satin bonnet if I want the style to last more than one day.

try the search feature, very helpful.

I put on a bonnet. It last about 2 days. After that, You can re-wet it (Moisturizing spray or water) and re-braid it.

Thanks ladies, I guess you have to do what works for you. Everytime I try to save my braidouts for the next day, I find that my hair is all tangly and I'm really not good at detangling, so I end up loosing a lot of hair. Guess I have to rebraid every night.
Nat

Back