Hello Everyone!

Milkchoc

I am so glad I found this site! Besides being full of great information, there are SISTAHS! Anway, now that I am past my glee....
I recently took down my braids, I wore them for over 4 years, so I had quite a mane. I cut off about 3 inches to get it out of my face, and proceded to press it. I had to laugh when 20 minutes later, my hair was a frizzy mess again! I've never seen that happen! I do not want to go back to a perm, so I made a trip to the city beauty supply. I found LustraSilk's Straigt effects, and I condition and hairdress with KeraKare's humecto and glossier. That seemed to do the trick, however, now my hair does not want to hold a curl. I have been trying to find info on the LustraSilk product, but I have been unsuccessful. I am almost out of my straight effects, and was only able to find Lustrasilks' "hair culture solution". Comparing ingredients, they are completely different products, but from experience, I know they do the same thing. Can anyone tell me, or point me to information on the Lustrasilk products? Or offer some help on keeping the curl? They do not appear to have a homepage.
BTW.....I flat iron and then bump

Nessa

Sorry I don't got any info. But go on Google search ingine. And type lutraSilk and you will get the info you want. Just wanna say Hi to the mew memba. Since you don't already know everyone here is friendly and we love too talk so just tune in for all the questions you want answered. Okay.

Hope you enjoy

Nessa(THe big mouth of the site

Just Playin)

Paris Belle

Welcome!!

I just wanted to say hello. I'm not sure of how to answer your questions, so I'll let one of the hair care experts do that!

Ennyaa

Howdy Patna!

Braids for 4 years?! You got some real patience and will power. Lately I can't last a month without taking them out to see my hair again... I'm such a freak of nature.

Anyways welcome!

ngaa

welcome to the baord milk choc
and i'm quite surprised that u kept yo hair in braids for so long...how much hair growth did u obtain in those 4 yrs?? how long is yo hair now??

enjoy the site

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">Hi and welcome to the board. I know a lot of your questions will be answered by someone here on that topic, but you're among friends here. Like Nessa said, go to google and find what you're looking for about Lustersilk products. Oh, you've had your braids in your hair that long? When you've taken them out, did you have any hair breakage from the length of time you had them in? </font>

sweetcocoa

Welcome Milkchoc...

I don't know anything about that line...
How much growth did you receive after keeping your hair braided 4 years?

Milkchoc

I initially put in braids for the look, and I was tired of HAIR. I really liked not having to deal with my hair, as I like to travel and cruise a lot, and we all know what that wonderful ocean breeze can do to a 'do. I kept those in for 2 years. When I took them out, my hair was so kinky, my style looked just like Bernie Mack....no joke, just longer. I said, "dayum!" and rushed off to a recommended professional for a perm. Two hours later, I had long, straight THIN hair. The "professional" said, "you lost a lot of hair with the perm after the braids", I said "no chit". I tried living with this, but with summer and travel approaching, I gave myself a good deep trim, and went back to my braids.....but the second time, I used HUMAN hair, and I only braided to the ends of my hair. I kept these in until my hair was too long for this to look good, and that's where I am now. To avoid the "shame on ME", I am doing my own hair until I find someone I can trust, including trims, and I am avoiding a perm like the plague. My big problem is my JOB. I am a Surgical RN, and that requires that I wear a shower cap type hat for 12 hours a day. To top that off, I have to tie mask strings around my head. By the end of the day, I have what we call "hat hair"! My hair was about 14 inches when I recently took my braids out, and after just one day at work with a press job, and I had a mangled frizzy mess. So, I've cut off about 4 inches, and with the 4 press jobs I've had post braids, and weekly conditioning, that seems to work better for me. My goal is to grow in the edges that were broken off from braids, and just grow a full head of healthy hair. I always thought I wanted it long, but I find the hair in the face SO annoying! I don't want to cut bangs, but I just know, one day, I'm gonna break and go for the scissors! I've been pressing with Lustrasilk straight effects, and conditoning with the Keracare line of conditioners and hairdresses. So far, wonderful.

Lucia

welcome,
I would try to cut down or eliminate the heat use/abuse on your hair that will help. And if you are wearing braids moisterize with some African pride braid spritz scalp and down the braid and light oils. This should help you retain more length b/c it will fight the dryness that comes with braiding.
hth