Hello Air dryers! I think Im going to try the air drying thing again....so any tips?

Qualitee

I want to bun dry.I want to air dry every other week, will this still make my hair thicker?
How many times do you wash your hair?:lick:

What products work well for air drying?:spinning:

Rate air drying from a scale of 1-10 & why?

Any more tips?:drunk:

Last edited:

RedVelvet310

Re: Hello Air dryers! I think Im going to try the air drying thing again....so any ti

Now that it's winter twice a week, in the summer some weeks I'll wash everyday

All you really need is a good moisturizing leave-in and a good sealer. I bought Silken Child by Silk Elements, you can find it at Sallys, so far to good. And I seal with Castor Oil. IMO Castor Oil is the BEST sealer out there, even when I never used a leave-in (just striahgt out of the shower and castor oil to seal my hair was STILL moisturized.. I love and will ALWAYS love castor oil.

Any more tips?:drunk:
I have found it best to NOT air dry your hair out. You're doing it in a bun so that should be find, I braid it. As long as its in a style that will not allow the hair tangle while you should be fine.

Also, another tip I've recently learned is that later on that day after your hair is dry it MAY feel a little crunchy/dry.. don't knock air-drying if this happens, just apply a LITTLE bit more leave-in and sealer (preferable castor oil :grin:) to your hair section by section and you should be fine.

HTH

yuriko

Re: Hello Air dryers! I think Im going to try the air drying thing again....so any ti

What I do, I put on a leave-in, anti-frizz serum (I use fantasia IC), moisturizer and oil. Sounds like a lot but I only use a little of each product. Then I pull into a ponytail, and tie my silk scarf on it. You can also try drying in like 4 large ponytails. But I usually only do one

prospurr4

I want to bun dry.I want to air dry every other week, will this still make my hair thicker?
If I let my hair airdry straight, it is usually "bigger" that if I had done a rollerset.

Once a week...and I usually do a rollerset, then airdry it. My hair comes out smoother and "less big" than if I just airdried straight.

Before airdrying, I just do a co-wash and that's it. I'm a "product minimalist."

Rate air drying from a scale of 1-10 & why?
I have to say 10 because (for the most part), it's the only way I dry my hair. I usually get a head start on drying by using a soft bonnet dryer for 45 minutes, then airdry to finish. Otherwise, my hair would take too long to dry by just airdrying alone.

truequeen06

I love castor oil for air drying. I usually use my own mix of cheapie conditioner, water and olive oil, and then seal with castor oil. I then separate my hair in 2 or 4 parts and braid. My hair is usually dry by the next day. When I take out the braids, my hair is soft and moisturized.

Liberianmami26

:detective:bumping for more response still having problems airdrying

marla

I use Herbal Essences's LTR mixed with EVOO, I then pull back into a ponytail and secure with a satin scrunchie. Then I put a huge roller in the end and roll it upwards and tie my scarf on it. After it dries, I take the roller out and take the scrunchie off and then roll it all the way up with 4 of the same size rollers so the scrunchie part dries. My hair loves EVOO. I have tried many oils, but this one is the best for me.

Qualitee

Thanks ladies! I know your not suppose to comb air dryed hair. But on wash day what do you do when it time to detangle?:)

Lavendar

I air-dry with a moisturizing leave-in (Elucence MB) and a light oil (coconut or ayurvedic). After it's detangled, I let it hang-dry until it's at least 75% dry. My hair never dries now when bunned wet like it used to. I put a little aloe vera on my scalp, add a little more oil and bun, then tie down snug with a scarf so the edges will be smooth and straight. By wash day, I usually detangle gently with my fingers. I usually do an oil or conditioner prepoo, so having my hair saturated with something helps tremendously. I just finger detangle and wash.

Black Hoya Chick

i don't really know if its the products that make my hair great lol. i airdry in a bun and wrap it in a scarf to keep it moisturized. i apply me leave in to my entire head in 4 sections (suave naturals conditioner), seal it with a serum. apppy gel for some extra hold but NOT TO THE PONYTAIL PART. lol. i two strand twist the pony and bun it and wrap with a scarf. i wake up in the morning with moisturized hair. i undo the twist and bun it however i feel that day. the hair is moisturized but dry...if that makes sense

Qualitee

Ho do detangle on wash day without alot of breakage?