Healthy Hair?

NitaChantell

I try my best to keep my hair moisturized, and j thought that it was working until yesterday. I got a Dominican blowout and they cut a lot off & said it was extremely damaged. It felt dry and rough not silky & smooth. How can my hair look & feel healthy when it's curly, but feel rough when straight? I feel like I have to start this journey all over now :(

Leesh

A good idea is to start working on being a DIYer. They may not have needed to cut off that much.

How much protein are you using as opposed to moisture?

Matter of fact, what is your reggie. What are you using and how often?

NitaChantell

This was my first trim since the last time I cut my hair in 2010 smh. My Reggie changes but I usually protective style 90% of the time. I wash whenever I take the styles out, DC overnight then moisturize and seal. I use Aphogees mild protein every once in a while. I'll post my exact products when I get home.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
This was my first trim since the last time I cut my hair in 2010 smh. My Reggie changes but I usually protective style 90% of the time. I wash whenever I take the styles out, DC overnight then moisturize and seal. I use Aphogees mild protein every once in a while. I'll post my exact products when I get home.

That's the culprit! Even the best reggie requires that you trim your ends regularly. I like to self trim 3-4x's a year, to keep the big chops away. Just a 1/4 inch will do, but it's important for the health of your hair. Look for Nonie's posts on the subject, because she imparts a Lot of science, and wisdom on the importance of regular trims.