Having a HUGE HAIR PROBLEM......

ClassyDiva

Ladies Im needing some MAJOR :help:.

I dont know what's wrong :nono: but I have this itch that is at the crown of my head. I pat my head consistantly as if I am wearing a weave in that one spot. this one spot is the only spot that itches the most on my head. I have tried to wash my hair as soon as it itches.... DOESNT WORK. Added extra moisturizer to my hair..... NADA. Everything I try does not work. and Im stuck still patting my head and breaking my hair off. I only have about an inch of hair in that spot and probably two to three inches surrounding that area.

Does anyone know what I can do to get rid of this irritating itch? Has anyone ever had this problem?

Shadiyah

you may need to see a dr because if you are cratching your hair out it sounds like something more.

Irresistible

Tea tree oil is a good antiseptic/anti fungal

Aloe vera is healing

but good suggestion to see a doc to diagnose the itching

*CherryPie*

Head and shoulders intensive treatment shampoo (in the dark blue bottle. The product is dark blue also)stops the itchies! It's the best for scalp troubles.

A woman dermatologist told my daughter about this for her facial and body acne. She used it on her face and body, and I used it on my scalp. It worked GREAT for BOTH of us!

ClassyDiva

Head and shoulders intensive treatment shampoo (in the dark blue bottle. The product is dark blue also)stops the itchies! It's the best for scalp troubles.

A woman dermatologist told my daughter about this for her facial and body acne. She used it on her face and body, and I used it on my scalp. It worked GREAT for BOTH of us!

I will have to try that. My mom and I have been trying to find something to cure this ridiculous itch. Im the guinea pig [sorta speak] for us.

Tea tree oil is a good antiseptic/anti fungal

Aloe vera is healing

but good suggestion to see a doc to diagnose the itching

I have tried tea tree oil... I actually use it when I do my pre-poo but the itch come back afer a few days. I may have to give in and go see a doctor for it.

peppermint oil relieves itching for me

I also use that as a pre-poo oil and it is very revitalizing to my hair, but the itch also cocme back after a few days

*CherryPie*

Make sure you get the one in the navy blue bottle (not the cute colorful bottles)! This one is for intense scalp problems like psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, etc. It really works, and it keeps the itchs away, and you don't have to use it all the time. I stopped needing to use it after a while! You'll LOVE it!

I will have to try that. My mom and I have been trying to find something to cure this ridiculous itch. Im the guinea pig [sorta speak] for us.

I have tried tea tree oil... I actually use it when I do my pre-poo but the itch come back afer a few days. I may have to give in and go see a doctor for it.

I also use that as a pre-poo oil and it is very revitalizing to my hair, but the itch also cocme back after a few days

QueenFee

I have a friend that has the same thing, she saw a doc and he said it was fungus...she didn't think so and didn't follow his orders...now she's wworking with a George Jefferson and still don't think its fungus. Until you can get to a doctor please remove your weave and AVC (apple cider rinse) your scalp daily...dry your scalp with a blow dryer and moisturize and seal. You might want to wig it, I believe I had the same thing. From her using my combs and scratching her scalp (found out after the fact). Any way mines was thinning towards the center front of my head, I did avc rinses for three weeks straight after every cowash(every night), I also used MN on that spot,once I got to the doctor it was gone but I had to throw all my combs out and make sure to check folk who think they can just use my personal items...make sure you get all new stuff. HTH

Last edited:

QueenFee

Mines also itches like crazzzzzy when wet, I just made it worse by scratching it, breaking the skin can make the fungus go deeper, peppermint oil and tea tree oil are always somewhere in my mix of scalp stuff. AVC rinse at every single wash just because for me it works faster than anything. Acne, ringworm, athletes. Foot. All gone within only days of AVC, you may have to make your mix stronger the the normal avc rinse but its worth it to save your hair and stop the itch.