Have U felt your hair was not growing while it was

brandy

I felt my hair stopped growing since March 2004 only to realise that it actually grew over 2 inches in 3 months without vitamins
. I stopped taking vitamins in December 2003 and intend to start taking them again in July. My hair usually grows 1/4 of an inch monthly without vitamins
Who else felt their hair was not growing while it was!

Paladin

I hear you loud and clear!

My last touch-up was May 14 and I was convinced that my hair was at a standstill, even though I had new growth. My bangs only reached the tip of my nose. After the touch-up, my bangs actually touched my bottom lip!! And my back and sides were actually touching my shoulders! I was so excited I could hardly sit still while my stylist worked on my hair! I kept trying to look in the mirror.

Babying my ends really did preserve my length. I get so excited when I think about gaining 2 to 3 inches by December, 3 to 4 inches by February, at least 6 more inches by next June. I've got to stop this hair dreamin'...

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I felt like that a couple of months ago. When it was April, I felt like my hair wasnt growing since February. After I got a relaxer in April, it was much longer.

26INCHHAIR

This always happens to me since i prolong my relaxers for about 4 months, and it looks and seems that nothing has grown and then i get my relaxer and its wonderdul b/c so much has grown. Like last april, when my hair grew about 4 inches since its last touch up. I think this happened b/c of my bun challange which helps me retain length and also the fact that i thought my hair was the same length, but it was just a huge amount of shrinkage

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
i always feel like my hair isnt growing. i feel like its just staying the same length. then ill put it up in braids or do wash and go ponytaild for alittle while. when i straighten it finally im like WOW! is that my hair! lol

KinksnCurlz

I hear ya weaveitup.

Funny thing is i ALWAYSSS feel like my hair isn't growing. There r only 2 ways that i can tell if it grew or not, when I wash it, while wet, I measure if it's grown by how far below it is from my tattoo...the 2nd way is after a visit to the salon and getting a relaxer

adrienne0914

i always did, especially when i first started and was skeptical about whether i could actually grow my hair. that's why i took pics so i could compare and know for sure. i can't tell you how many times i wanted to quit trying until i saw the pics.

ChasingBliss

It's always that point around the 2 month into my relaxer, my hair seems to be so shrunken that it looks shorter, it almost fools me into thinking that nothing has happened. Then when I do my touch ups, Im pleased to see a that i was very wrong..

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Yep! I had to get a little cut back in March...which put my hair an inch longer from when I first started my regimen. I was so upset that I stopped measuring all together. Last week while my hair was wet...I felt the back of my hair resting past shoulder length at the top of my back.
I was so happy that I took pics. Can't wait to get them developed.

ChildlikeEmpress

I know the feeling. My hair requires almost twice as much product now compared to what I used two months ago, it takes longer to dry, and it's definitely a little heavier than it was when I did my BC in January. But because of shrinkage, it certainly doesn't look like it's grown as much as it has unless I stretch it.
I don't really mind, though. I figure it's just another part of having natural hair -- and an exercise in patience.

~Rochelle.

greAtness333

[ QUOTE ]
erica78 said:
Yep! I had to get a little cut back in March...which put my hair an inch longer from when I first started my regimen. I was so upset that I stopped measuring all together. Last week while my hair was wet...I felt the back of my hair resting past shoulder length at the top of my back.
I was so happy that I took pics. Can't wait to get them developed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you!
I remember what that feeling was like. You give my inspiration.