Has Elasta QP Mango Butter been changed to this?

Ms. Feliz

I got some of it tonight since I couldn't buy something that was only a dollar with my debit card. I like it, it still smells the same.

deusa80

I like this formula much better! I like the creamy consistency... I tried the old formula some time last year and didn't really like it. It was too hard and I felt like it sat on my hair...if that makes sense. I've been using this for about the past 2 weeks and I like it much better.:grin:

Geminigirl

I got some of this to try on my daughter's hair because I feel like she needs some protein in her hair reggie. Well when I went to the BSS all they had was the new one. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Elasta QP DPR-11 infused with olive oil on my children's hair so I decided to grab this. I can't wait to try it now!

I tried Mango Butter back when I was relaxed and it was to heavy for my thin relaxed hair. It did add shine and left my wraps smooth but still too heavy for me. YEA I can't wait to try this. How are the naturals using this? I think I will just add this to my DD hair and cornrow her hair in two cornrows.

virtuenow

The new version seems like a cheap watered down version of the original. The ingredients are the same-and listed in the same order, but the 2 products are very different. I am very dissappointed that Elasta QP (or Profectiv) changed the perfect formula to this thin paste that just sits on the hair. Apparently they must have added a lot more water and something else that throws the mixture off. It doesn't even melt in your hands or hair anymore. It doens't mix well with coconut oil or jojoba oil like the old formula.

I have compared the two products side by side and they are totally different. The new version smells much lighter and not nearly as good --it's just a faint watered down verison of the old delightful, fruity smell. I left the lid off of the two versions over the course of a couple of days...The old version was resilliant. It formed a shell that once you placed on your hands, it would just melt. The new qp appeared to start to mold and form water droplets on the top (i should take pics). It was weird. No matter what I tried I could never get the product to melt in my hands and hair.

Furthermore, I tried mixing the two versions with coconut oil and then jojoba oil (one of my fav hair mix concoctions). The new qp would not accept the coconut oil and refused to mix with it or the jojoba. It sat there like a thick conditioner that has no ability to penetrate the hair. I find it hard to beleive that they have not added some sort of mineral or petroleum based oil - like Profectiv does with most of their products.

What they had before was perfect! When I discovered it, I bought every container in the store b/c I knew it was too good to be true. Glad I have a big stash, but what to do to replace my old favorite product. Is there anyone who wants the old Elasta Mango Butter back???!!!

Last edited:

virtuenow

I hope they didn't mess this up! This is def a staple of mine and I would be very annoyed if it's not the same

Well they messed it up. Ruined my love affair! It used to be unique and awesome; now its just like all the other Profectiv products (which I wouldn't recommend to anyone)

NuBraveHeart

old or new, i can't seem to find it in sally's beauty supply stores, nor on their website. anyone getting it from a reputable site or store?

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
old or new, i can't seem to find it in sally's beauty supply stores, nor on their website. anyone getting it from a reputable site or store?

You can find this at your regular bss.

i'm nervous about trying this. I've been using it on my ends for a year now and I don't want to have to go out and find another staple :(

Geminigirl

I like it. On my hair and my children's. I blow dried my hair the other day and applied the Mango Butter to my sections. It does have alot of water because my hair slighlty reverted. But it left my hair very soft. I sealed with JBCO and my hair has been soft since last Sunday.

yardgirl

I bought this today. The BSS had the regular one but this had waaay more for the same price. I'm loving it so far. It gives me moisture and hella shine!!

Geminigirl

The only thing is I don't think you will be able to use this if you were trying to keep your hair in a straight style, because of the water it does cause reversion. So those that relax IDK how you would use this, especially if you use it for your ends to wrap your hair like I used to do.