Has Anyone Tried this?

Foxycus02

Have any of yall used Luster's PCJ Lye childrens Relaxer Original formula (also reads for damaged, colored treated hair) I used this once and had great results but I was thinking of changing to Affirm fiberguard because of all the rave Ive heard. What do you guys think?

cutebajangirl

I actually used this for years. I stopped because it became hard to find. I must say that I loved it. When I used it, I did my relaxers myself and they always came out shiny and straight. My hair never broke off or became damaged etc. I stopped in college because I couldn't find it, so moved on to other relaxers. That nutrisheen stuff is good, they were the only one that I know off at the time that had the conditioner before neutralizer thing going on. Made my hair feel like silk. I currently use the fiberguard mild. I'm sticking to it because I have a 4lb jar and because it is milder and I am about to start getting serious about coloring. So you really can't go wrong with Fiberguard imo but that PCJ relaxer is excellant.

Foxycus02

Ironically this product just became wildly available around my area (northeast) every beauty store I go to now is carrying it including Sally's and Harmon's. I loved the results, for once on touch up day my hair did not feel glued to my scalp. So if that jar was done and you found the relaxer would you prefer it over the Affirm? Im really debating this issue if I use this one I could get my touch up for about $35 at my regular salon. If I use affirm I would have to go to a pricy African American salon, she wants to charge $60 and thats w/ no rollerset. Just wash and blowdry, I refuse to blowdry w/ no rollerset, too much harm and I hate how the hair turns out.

Tracy

I used to use this as well...I'm still considering going back to it. I rememebr liking iy alot....

I'm on a relaxer search again
I think Motions Oil in Mild might leave my hair just a tiny bit too curly at the roots. I've been feeling like I always need a relaxer lately. It doesn't underprocess - it just doesn't leave my hair EXACTLY the way I want it....y'know?

cutebajangirl

foxy .... that is a hard question. I may have to. I get my fiberguard from a store that insulted me the last time I went in there. And I don't play that ish. So they will never see me again. I'd have to think about how much time I would leave it in for. Since I am about to go real light with color, I have to be careful about the strength of the relaxer I use. If I wasn't coloring the answer would be yes.