Has anyone tried Parachute Coconut Oil

flowinlocks

Hated it! :nono: It smells like old chicken grease. Even my dd, a food fanatic, can't stand the smell. It works ok but not good enough to make up for that stench. :perplexed It's not as bad as Amla though. :ohwell:

On the real, it does smell like some old chicken grease:lachen:, but I've only used it once so far as a prepoo. I haven't decided if I like it or not just yet.

Writer100

I brought some months back and I thought the smell was like burnt coconuts. I don't know if this is normal for Parachut but I like what its doing for my hair and the way it coats. If it wasn't for the smell and my puppy who like to lick at ankles I'll use it as a body oil because it really makes my hands very soft and nice feeling.

I brought some months back and I thought the smell was like burnt coconuts. I don't know if this is normal for Parachut but I like what its doing for my hair and the way it coats. If it wasn't for the smell and my puppy who like to lick at ankles I'll use it as a body oil because it really makes my hands very soft and nice feeling.

Actually ladies, I love Parachute oil. I buy mine from Larronda Anderson who sells Gro Aut Oils. Parachute oil is 100% unrefined coconut oil because it is edible. As I love and eat coconut and have actually seen coconuts being made into oil when I lived in West Africa where I am from, this is the real thing. It should smell exactly like coconuts almost roasted-like smell because that is how it is first extracted. In its purest form as in the Parachute Oil, the oils directly penetrate the hair shaft better than the refined synthetic or beauty supply store brands. It's a staple for me. I mix some Parachute oil in my lotions, in my body washes, body conditioners and use in tandem with my OCT and MT.

Lovin' it!!:lick:

Course24

I use it to shave my legs.

That's not a bad idea Ediese! I'll have to try that. No nicks and clogging up my razor with product preventing a smooth shave. Good one. I just came back from a local Indian store here in STL. I picked up this oil btw. I like it. I agree it does smell like Almond Joy or coconut mixed with PET/condensed milk. Keep in mind that when you're purchasing products in their natural state (unrefined,unprocessed,etc.) you will have some bad ones out there on the shelves. Since this has a protected cap on it, you couldn't take a whiff of it before purchasing. I usually check the lot numbers on them and pick 2different # bottles. With that in mind, I let the them know if items i'm purchasing don't have any expiration dates on them may I open it there after purchase and see if it's ok and if not is it okay to exchange to the second # bottle if the first one is rancid? Usually no problems with that. I've already applied Humectress cond & this on top to my dry head before my morning wash to seal moisture mid way to the ends of my hair. Afterwards, I plated my hair twisted into bun, put on 2 plastic caps and tied with scarf on top to keep heat in to penetrate. This oil is a keeper!:yep:

Opulence

So I'm 12 weeks post relaxer, and I have 4b hair, it's beyond 4b but for reference sake just think of the kinkiest, most tightly coiled hair type, that's me. I'm 100% african here!

If you are 4b and beyond and have additional suggestions on how to manage new growth and make it "manageable" please let me know. I would like to have options.

So I've been having trouble getting my new growth "manageable". No matter how much I deep condition and moisturize while it's under running water, it's fine, but as soon as it starts drying it just becomes impossible to deal with. Then there is the issue of moisture. NOTHING seems to penetrate it. You know how your hair feels when the outer layer is lathered but you can tell it just hasn't penetrated? That's how my hair would always feel.Even when I would add oils to my conditioner it would always feel dehydrated afterward. anyways this weekend I was determined to become the "mad scientist" and come up with a solution. The only "new" product for me here is the parachute brand coconut oil. I bought it at an Indian Store on Saturday. I have always used the spectrum brand coconut oil, and I love that one but I didn't use it on this experiment.So I can't speak on whether it would work or not. So I washed my hair with the Dabur Vatika Henna Cream Conditioning Shampoo (I LOVE this shampoo by the way) then I warmed the parachute coconut oil in hot water until it turned back in to a liquid and mixed it with KeraCare Humecto Creme Conditioner (love this product too). I sectioned my hair in fours and applied the mix to each section, scalp to ends. I could feel the difference as soon as I started washing it out. My hair started feeling silky. I towel dried it and the new growth still felt soft. Usually by that point it starts curling right up. Anyways I planned to blow dry that night because I'm doing the OCT/MegaTek personal challenge and I wanted to take progress pics (i ended up not finding my camera and I was HOT because My hair looked great, come to find out DH had it in his car the whole time) anyways as I was blow drying the brush just slid through my hair, no pulling at all. I was so excited, by the time I finished drying it it didn't even look like I was 12 weeks post relaxer. it looked like I was maybe 6, but even that's a stretch, my roots were so soft! Anyways I wanted to share this experience with people that would understand my joy and excitement. I usually HATE wash days because of the process it would take to get my hair to work with me. This is the first time I have stretched this long and I just didn't think I could make it any longer if I didn't find a solution. well i think I found it and to those that may be having a similar issue, i hope this helps. This worked for ME. My hair is very unusual. I have had numerous hairdressers tell me that. So it may not work for all. But I think it's worth a try. The coconut oil was like 2.99! I included a picture below.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
So I'm 12 weeks post relaxer, and I have 4b hair, it's beyond 4b but for reference sake just think of the kinkiest, most tightly coiled hair type, that's me. I'm 100% african here!

If you are 4b and beyond and have additional suggestions on how to manage new growth and make it "manageable" please let me know. I would like to have options.

So I've been having trouble getting my new growth "manageable". No matter how much I deep condition and moisturize while it's under running water, it's fine, but as soon as it starts drying it just becomes impossible to deal with. Then there is the issue of moisture. NOTHING seems to penetrate it. You know how your hair feels when the outer layer is lathered but you can tell it just hasn't penetrated? That's how my hair would always feel.Even when I would add oils to my conditioner it would always feel dehydrated afterward. anyways this weekend I was determined to become the "mad scientist" and come up with a solution. The only "new" product for me here is the parachute brand coconut oil. I bought it at an Indian Store on Saturday. I have always used the spectrum brand coconut oil, and I love that one but I didn't use it on this experiment.So I can't speak on whether it would work or not. So I washed my hair with the Dabur Vatika Henna Cream Conditioning Shampoo (I LOVE this shampoo by the way) then I warmed the parachute coconut oil in hot water until it turned back in to a liquid and mixed it with KeraCare Humecto Creme Conditioner (love this product too). I sectioned my hair in fours and applied the mix to each section, scalp to ends. I could feel the difference as soon as I started washing it out. My hair started feeling silky. I towel dried it and the new growth still felt soft. Usually by that point it starts curling right up. Anyways I planned to blow dry that night because I'm doing the OCT/MegaTek personal challenge and I wanted to take progress pics (i ended up not finding my camera and I was HOT because My hair looked great, come to find out DH had it in his car the whole time) anyways as I was blow drying the brush just slid through my hair, no pulling at all. I was so excited, by the time I finished drying it it didn't even look like I was 12 weeks post relaxer. it looked like I was maybe 6, but even that's a stretch, my roots were so soft! Anyways I wanted to share this experience with people that would understand my joy and excitement. I usually HATE wash days because of the process it would take to get my hair to work with me. This is the first time I have stretched this long and I just didn't think I could make it any longer if I didn't find a solution. well i think I found it and to those that may be having a similar issue, i hope this helps. This worked for ME. My hair is very unusual. I have had numerous hairdressers tell me that. So it may not work for all. But I think it's worth a try. The coconut oil was like 2.99! I included a picture below.

Thanks for posting a pic. I've been meaning to try this. I used my last bit of coconut oil (some no-name brand) last weekend in my henna.

This was a great reminder to try something new. My hair is 8 weeks post. I'll try mixing it with conditioner and applying it to sections too. :yep:

Opulence

Thanks for posting a pic. I've been meaning to try this. I used my last bit of coconut oil (some no-name brand) last weekend in my henna.

This was a great reminder to try something new. My hair is 8 weeks post. I'll try mixing it with conditioner and applying it to sections too. :yep:

Let us know how it works for you!

pri

I'm going to the farmers market this weekend I'll be keeping an eye out for this evco thank you!

Lissa0821

I have been using it for the last few weeks as part of my deep conditioning process, I wash my hair, lightly towel dry and smooth a quarter size amount all over my hair. I cover it with a plastic cap for any hour, I then rinse my hair and add a light conditioner. My hair is stronger, smooth and I have been able to stretch longer than I have done in the past. It's funny because when I try to use it seal my hair I get breakage but this method has worked wonders for my hair. I aslo use it on my body in the shower or bath before I towel off, it makes my skin feels so soft. I learned that tip here on LHCF.

aevieal

I just bought this today and it smells wonderful. I'm not sure where everyone thinks it stinks. I bought it along with Vatika Coconut Oil, and between the two I'd say I like Parachute better.

ShaniKeys

Yes I have. It has a very strong coconut smell though, the other coconut oil I have has no scent at all. But I like the Parachute one too, I'm looking for a bigger bottle though.

omnipadme

I bought it for the purpose of mixing it with other ayurveda goodies so I could conserve my beloved Dabur Vatika. That 2.99 price was too low to pass up! I have it mixed with MT & alma oil right now.

shadylane21

O.k. So I just found an indian market so that means I don't have to buy online anymore,yes! So I bought this oil,vatika oil big bottle for 3.99 and a shikaki shampoo bar and dabur vatika henna shampoo. Anyways I was scared when I started reading this thread so I just opened my bottle and it smells like almond joy to me and since I love almond joy it's all good. I can't wait to use it.