Has Anyone Tried ORS Hair Fertilizer?

MD_Lady

Okay folks. I've tried doing a search at least a half dozen times and even double checked the tutorial, but am STILL getting a blank, white screen when I try to search on this topic... :rolleyes::wallbash::rolleyes::wallbash::rolleyes::wallbash: SO, forgive me if this question has already been asked BUT has anyone out there tried ORS hair fertilizer and, if so, what were your results?

ors%20fert%202.jpg

My mom used this for her edges.....her edges are still not there, so I don't think it works too good. I haven't heard much talk about it though.

I have some. Been sitting in a drawer for over a year now :look:

Okay, so I am new to this hair care and all, but I have a jar and I thought the ingredients couldn't harm me, so I tried it. I have a very thin crown and I have been applying it for about a month now. Maybe it is too soon to have results but I think it is awfully better than the "grease" I was using prior. I will be sure to post the results in a bit more time. Also, it has a nice consistency...not greasy and shiny but creamy and absorbing. Time will tell.....But in general i like it!

Someone suggested that I try the ORS Temple Balm for my nape. Has anyone ever used this?

I tried it, but in all fairness, I didn't use it long enough to give a final verdict. :nono: It probably wouldn't hurt to try though.

I tried it, but in all fairness, I didn't use it long enough to give a final verdict. :nono: It probably wouldn't hurt to try though.

I just wanted to know before I waste another dime on worthless products (like Dr. Miracle :rolleyes:). Maybe I'll just stick to Mega Tek, it seems to be working anyway.

I tried it only once but didn't really like it. I had to rinse it outta my hair the next day. Now I don't know what to do with it.

Hmmmm... why am I not surprised to hear that this product isn't living up to it's promises? ;) Thanks for the responses everyone! :yep:

I just wanted to know before I waste another dime on worthless products (like Dr. Miracle :rolleyes:). Maybe I'll just stick to Mega Tek, it seems to be working anyway.

That's what I would do, especially if Mega Tek is working. :yep: I might go back to it if what I'm doing now doesn't work, but that's only because I have practially a full jar of the Balm left. :rolleyes: If I didn't, my next stop would DEFINITELY be OCT or MT.

Okay, so I am new to this hair care and all, but I have a jar and I thought the ingredients couldn't harm me, so I tried it. I have a very thin crown and I have been applying it for about a month now. Maybe it is too soon to have results but I think it is awfully better than the "grease" I was using prior. I will be sure to post the results in a bit more time. Also, it has a nice consistency...not greasy and shiny but creamy and absorbing. Time will tell.....But in general i like it!

That's good. :) Make sure to keep us posted. ;)

It seems like it should work with all the right ingredients yet it doesn't seem to do much. I have some & I would recommend some form of oil instead.

anyone who doesn't want theirs?
I brought another one today after reading the reviews on the wallgreens and they said it takes time but I don't think I want to use it. I loved their carrot oil cream on my scalp and olive oil cream on my hair and ends when I was relaxed but that was almost 5 years ago since i used this combo.

I wouldn't buy this product again. I bought it a couple weeks ago and it has a heavy greasy feel like Vitapointe. My hair does not absorb it like it does with the green ORS moisturizer. I am still using it because I'm wigging, so I put it on the ends of my hair underneath the wig, but i would not wear it on my hair if my hair was out.

It also has a slight tinge of the orange smell that you get with the ORS packs. Some people like that. I don't.

Bumping for more responses. I bought this and the Temple Balm yesterday.
Unfortunately, I was too impatient to stick with with the Temple Balm to give a verdict. :perplexed I've been using ORS olive oil and the EO mixture on my edges and have been tracking my progress in my signature.

I brought another one today after reading the reviews on the wallgreens and they said it takes time but I don't think I want to use it. I loved their carrot oil cream on my scalp and olive oil cream on my hair and ends when I was relaxed but that was almost 5 years ago since i used this combo.
And that's the hardest part. :nono:

I'm sad to see so many complaints about ORS Hair Fertilizer. I love it, if I walk in a store and see they are selling it, I'll buy whatever they have in stock. I alternate between using ORS Hair Fertilizer and Africa's Best Organics Olive & Clover Oil. I find ORS useful when I just need to lightly oil my hair and Africa's Best for when it needs some intense moisturizing. (FYI, Africa's Best Organics also makes a great hot oil treatment)

I've been using it now for the past two months with great results in the crown of my head. I used to wear my hair in braids but last time she braided too tight at the crown of my head that I had a bald spot .5" x 3" (very embarassing) when I took them out. Its growing back nicely now though which is good. If only I could get my temples to cooperate like yours.

I tried it, and it made me itch like mad! - Not a good experience at all [for me]. :nono:
I use the Temple Balm though, and that works great!

I have it and I hate it. I mixed it with some water, EVOO, and NTM Silk touch leave in, and ORS Olive Oil and I like it alot more. LOL.

I also mixed it with Ampro Clear Ice Gel and some other things and I like that.

It works better as a mix in than as a stand alone.

I added some jheri curl juice to the highlighted mixture this morning too. Again, I like it mixed in with other things, I just dont' like it as a stand alone.

Last edited:
I bought the hair fertilizer because I've been using a lot of the other products from the ORS line and they work really good. For me personally it's not a keeper because I used the entire jar and saw very little results. One thing I like about it is that it doesn't have a lot of follicle clogging ingredients like petroleum. I started using the ORS olive oil cream (shorter jar w/ green top) after I learned how hair grease is NOT my friend! I just got my MT 2 weeks ago and I've seen more progress in just one week of use so for now I'm sticking with that. HTH!

I tried both the fertilizer and the temple balm. Hated them both! The fertilizer did nothing for my hair at all and I used the temple balm and noticed no changes to my edges after a month. Bad, bad, bad...

It's says it " strengthen and nourish weak and damaged hair." I think it more like a protein or strengthening leave-in. Has anyone tried it for that or had similar results?

Back