Has Anyone Tried Avocado Oil?

BeaLady

I was at Whole Foods this weekend to get some hair products and the cashier was telling to try some avocado oil. She said it's very good.

I've read so many people rave about avocado butter and was thinking the oil would be just as good.

My cashier ordered it from FNWL(I should have asked her if she was Nikko's cousin). I'm looking for another vendor because FNWL says they only ship UPS and I have problems with UPS shipments.

Hey another Clevelanite.

I have some but its mixed with other oils so I don't really know if it is doing anything special or not...lol.

Hi there
wave.gif

Good to meet a fellow Clevelanite. :)

I'm going to keep looking for a vendor that ships through the Post Office.

It sounds like it would be a good product.

I like avocado oil better than the butter. I have tried many oils over the last two-three years and avocado (along with camellia and monoi) are my favorites. It is light, penetrates well and I swear it detangles my hair. I get mine from oilsbynature.com, but they have always sent my stuff by UPS.

I use avocado oil.:yep:

It's a little bit heavier than grapeseed or sweet almond oil, but it's great for sealing. It's also good for your skin.

I get mine from Whole Foods.

Its interesting that you mentioned this. I was at Central Market getting groceries sunday and saw Avocado Oil and wanted to buy it. It was $8 for about 8 ounces and well I just didnt want to part with the money that day. So I bought 25.4 ounces of Organic EVOO for about $14

I may stretch my budget to try it at a later time. My hair soaks up oil so i was trying to get the most for my money. I have heard it is great though.

I went back ot Whole Foods yesterday and found the avocado oil. :) I think I misunderstood the cashier. She probably said that she orders the butter online and not the oil.

I tried it last night and I like the way it made my hair feel. I also like the way it penetrates.

I think I'm going to like this oil. :)

I was at Whole Foods this weekend to get some hair products and the cashier was telling to try some avocado oil. She said it's very good.

I've read so many people rave about avocado butter and was thinking the oil would be just as good.

My cashier ordered it from FNWL(I should have asked her if she was Nikko's cousin). I'm looking for another vendor because FNWL says they only ship UPS and I have problems with UPS shipments.

avocado oil can usually make hair frizzy

I've been mixing it with other stuff lately, but I have used it straight. Either way it adds a lot of shine. :yep:

I just started using glycerin and I like it. I was thinking of mixing the avocado oil and glycerin together.

I have Avocado Oil
I have Avocado Butter

...and I can't wait to receive Candy_C's Avocado Creme!

Avocado is the greatest. My favorite oil, next to Castor, Broccoli Seed and Alma! :yep:

I have Avocado Oil
I have Avocado Butter

...and I can't wait to receive Candy_C's Avocado Creme!

Avocado is the greatest. My favorite oil, next to Castor, Broccoli Seed and Alma! :yep:

Avocado creme sounds great. Is Candy a member here? I think I would like to give that a try. :)

I really love avocado oil! I love how soft it makes my hair feel, and it gives great shine.....I've been using this lately for my braidouts instead of coconut oil. I ordered mine from From Nature With Love, but most major grocery stores sell avocado oil.

I want to try avocado oil too. I heard it penetrates the hair more than olive oil which my hair likes a lot. I want to mix it in with some of conditioners but someone else on here said it's a good sealant so I might want to try it for that too! :grin:

Burt Bees have Avocado Oil in the baby section. I use it and I really like it. I have added some essential oils to it for different smell, I don't like the original smell from it, but it does work well.

I use both avocado butter and oil and they are great. Very moisturizing (it CAN penetrate all the way to the cortex) and gives me great shine and softness. I love it. Try www.newdirectionsaromatics.com:yep:

That looks like a great site. :)

I see that they ship via UPS also. I might call them and see if I can get them to ship via the post office.

UPS leaves my packages in plain sight(I live on a corner) and the Post Office will try and cover them up or leave them for me to pick up at the post office.

Burt Bees have Avocado Oil in the baby section. I use it and I really like it. I have added some essential oils to it for different smell, I don't like the original smell from it, but it does work well.

I didn't know that. Thanks a lot. :)

I have the oil and butter. I love both. I currently also add the oil to my dcs. As it gets cold, I will try adding the butter. The stuff is like gold to me, and a little goes a long way.

I highly recommend the avocado oil. It's very nice on the hair, even though I mix it with other oils.

I have made my own avocado mix in the past. I probably messed up the ingredients LoL .. I gotta say I did not see a difference. I may have to try the oil next time.

Back