Has anyone lightened their henna/hendigo'd hair?

grnidmonster

I love my hendigo'd hair but wanted to lighten some strands in the front for summer. I know I can't color over henna but I was wondering has anyone ever tried cinnamon or lemon juice on henna/hendigo with success? TIA

Jenn22588

Lemon juice won't make it lighter unless your going to sit in the sun with it (like Sun-in) but it will dry your hair out so much it won't be worth it. I've been meaning to try cinnamon again. I used it once without henna and it didn't change my hair at all. My hair is a tiny bit lighter from using henna but more red than lighter.

vkb247

Over at LHC plenty of people have had great success using honey to lighten their henna. It takes several applications and the right honey/water mix. There is a huge thread about the best way to do it and pics of people's results.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Over at LHC plenty of people have had great success using honey to lighten their henna. It takes several applications and the right honey/water mix. There is a huge thread about the best way to do it and pics of people's results.

I always add honey to my henna after the dye has released. I didn't know anything about lightening, but I heard it made rinsing it out much easier (true).

I never noticed lighter hair.