Has anyone heard about Curl-Away Curl Relaxer ?

jamaicanadian

I came across a website today that makes a product called
Curl-Away Curl Relaxer. I'm a natural seeking hair versatility and easier styling and hair managability. I want to loose my natural curl pattern to prevent srinkage and get more curl defintion. I'm thinking of texturizing but if get the same results from this product as I would texturizing I would stay away from chemicals.

This product claims to "Take out the tight curls, then enjoy loose, natural curls, OR gentle wavy hair OR go completely straight with no curls at all! It’s your choice with Curl-Away Gel!"

They also claim that "Curl-Away Curl Relaxer was developed to provide a safe, effective way to semi-permanently straighten all types of curly hair. Its patented formula is safe on skin and lets you decide how straight your hair should be!"

Its patented and said to hit retail stores soon. There's also some before and after pictures.

Curl-Away Relaxer and Anti-Frizz Gel:

Relaxes curl and adds softness – the more you use it the less curl you have

Reduces frizz and sensitivity to humidity

Lets you comb and style your hair with minimal heat (or none at all)

Non-alkaline formula gradually relaxes curl

Maintains the look you want with easy touch-ups

Is safe for use on previously straightened, permed and color-enhanced hair

Lasts from 3 to 8 weeks

Relaxes curl using natural acetic acid blended with hair-softening MSM and moisturizing grapeseed oil.

Lets you "go back to natural curl" in 3 to 8 weeks.

Makes hair easy to comb

Here's a list of the ingredients:
Ingredients: Deionized water, PEG 400 mono stearate, dimethylsulfone MSM), natural acetic acid, xanthan gum, fragrance.

Biodegradable. Not tested on animals. Made in the USA.

Are these ingredients safe? drying to the hair?

Here's the link:
http://www.xenna.com/product_curlaway.html

aqualung

Re: Has anyone heard about Curl-Away Curl Relaxer

I bought and tried it when it was called "Curlex." It relaxed my 4a new growth NOT AT ALL, and I lost about $35. It stank up my whole apartment, and the acid irritated my nasal lining.

GodMadeMePretty

I found this some time ago. I called them to inquire about the pH level and it is an acid relaxer as opposed to an alkaline relaxer. Think Rio and Copa.

jamaicanadian

Thanks for the info.
I won't buy it now that I know its like copa.
You guys are hair and money savers!