Has anyone ever had a 'ceramic phusion'?

spamack78

I just tried my first ceramic phusion yesterday after having braids for a year. When I took out my braids...my entire head was new growth except for the ends (tips) which still had little bit of blonde/relaxer. The stylist who did my hair said I didn't need a relaxer b/c my hair is really soft. After she was done...my hair was very straight and bouncy...like I just gotten a relaxer:grin:. BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I was really nervous b/c I'm a slave to the relaxer:ohwell: especially after taking out braids and not having one in a year. Typically, when taking out braids, I usually have a protein treatment done...which she did not do, but gave me a DC and sat me under the dryer for 15 min.

This morn after combing my hair down...it was still bouncy and silky...but looked kind of dry. Do you think it's b/c I didn't get a protein treatment? Do you think I should've gotten a protein treatment after braids?

JLove74

Thanks to Google, it looks like it's fancy term for flat-ironing using a ceramic iron that does something with the PH level of your hair:perplexed

spamack78

From what I experienced yesterday...they use a ceramic blow dryer to blow the hair out straight, then straighten the hair with a ceramic iron, but it's a whole technique behind this. I just did a search on the products she used on my hair http://www.designessentials.com which kind of explains it on a brochure for classes they give.

"Learn how to achieve sleek, smooth, straight styles while maintaining the integrity of the hair for clients. By combining ceramic irons with moisture infused products from Design Essentials, it is easy to achieve thermal physical straightening that creates maximum movement, radiant sheen, and long lasting smooth styles."

spamack78

My hair is very straight, bouncy and healthy looking. I'm very HAPPY with my results. My hair just looks a little dry...probably b/c I haven't done anything with it for a year.