Hard Water: What should you do if you live in an..

best wireless phone service

• daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • weekly

• bi-weekly

• monthly

• Total voters

rai

area with hard water?
Hey, I live in the Chicago area and apparently the Illinois region have hard water. I have read a lot of posts about daily co washes, etc. However, I'm kind of scared to do this because I don't know if this will hurt my hair more than help it. So basically, how do you manage your hair if you live in an area with HARD water???

I live in an apartment building, so I don't think I can do a filter (nor can I afford one). Any and all advice would be appreciated,

Thanks.

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
greAtness333 said:
You can buy water from the supermarket...I'm really sorry, but I can't remember right now the type of water to buy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Distilled seems to be the favorite at LHCF. I've read where some have also spring or drinking water with success. Anything besides local tap water is the general consensus.

rai

AWW, that sucks. Buying bottled water kind of takes the fun out of feeling the water in your hair under the shower...Damm, I was just getting used to it too. I guess I won't be doing daily co washes.

UmSumayyah

Do a final rinse with distilled water, that's what I used to do when I had hard water and my hair was fine.
You can install a shower filter, since its not a part of the plumbing in the wall. Just take it off and take it with when you move. Aren't there some for about $25?
If you want to wet your hair daily and don't want to co wash, fill a spray bottle with distilled water and mist your hair until its wet.
HTH.

Nonie

An ACV Rinse will also help the hardness on the days when you're out of distilled water.

rai

Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to look into buying a filter. Oh yeah, I recently started doing an ACV rinse, but I only do that once every two weeks.