Hairline Drama

sassyhair

My hairline will not stay moisturized no matter what I do. The rest of my hair is fine and stays moisturized well. I have tried adding extra to my edges but it does not work. I am 8 weeks post relaxer, but I dont have too much new growth to wear it is unruly and unmanageable. I have also noticed that the hair above my sideburns in fornt of my ear has broken off on both side. I do not wear my hair pulled back often so I think it is the lack of moisture. My hairline is different than the rest of my hair so I think it need something different.

Any suggestions?

FeelinIt

I noticed breakage as well on my hairline. I had some hair break off down to 2 inches on one corner of my ear too. I can't explain it. Do you wear headbands a lot? Gel? Do you do anything different or consistent with the hairline area than you do with the other?

sherann

My hairline is like that too. A stylist once told me that I should put some moisturizer on my hairline before I wash my face (he recommended Mizani H20). The moisturizer acts as a buffer because we basically wash our edges twice a day with our facial cleanser and this makes them dry and brittle (I naturally have thin edges to begin with). But I'm lazy so I end up only moisturizing my edges after I wash my face in the mornings...this seems to help some.

infojunkie

Ladies,

I've been using Dr. Miracle's nape and temple balm for my my edges and my nape hair for about a month and have gotten tremedous growth. It's a little pricey and tingles a little but well worth the effort.

My temple hair is full and my nape hair has never been this long and straight.

It's at Sally's.

Proudpiscean

Try hot oil treatments with EVOO concentrating on the hairline.

ETA: I use to get dandruff really bad @ my edges and my hair line thinned out some from having braids done too tightly. I started using MTG, massaging it into my hairline to thicken it up and have been noticing that my dandruff has resolved. Maybe it will also help with your dryness?

Last edited:

sassyhair

I dont use gels are headbands. I think it is breaking just because it is dry, I have no probs with a thin hairline, it is full. This dry hairline thing is new for me I usually dont have this problem. I need an affordable option, budget of like $4.