Hair that won't air dry

mstasha

Hair that won\'t air dry

I have tryed to air dry my hair a number of times and it is not working for me. I wake up in the middle of the night and it is still wet as if I had just washed it. When I wake up in the morning it have to blowdry it because I can not go to work with my hair wet. I'm having a hard time keeping the heat out of my hair because it does not dry in the twists , rollers or even in a ponytail. Am I missing something or is there something I can put on it to help it dry faster????
crazy.gif

Re: Hair that won\'t air dry

My hair doesn't dry either(even overnight). What I have been doing is sitting under the hairdryer for a 1/2 hour first then let it finish drying overnight. Or finish drying in the morning(under the hairdryer)...I prefer the night before. Otherwise I just put my hair in a bun...even it it's not dry...my hair loves the moisture.

Like Sweetcocoa, my hair doesn't dry either. I usually wear mine in a bun. My hair loves the extra moisture too.

Your hair probably won't ever dry completely. Mine never does unless I just leave it hanging down to air dry. I always pull it back in a pony tail and tie a scarf around it. The main part of my hair is dry, however the part that is pulled back is always damp...that's okay though. I just put some s curl and some hot 6 oil and put my little weave bun in the back of my head and call it a day!
laugh.gif
Keeping it moist is what's going to keep it protected. If you can get by a few months or so wearing a bun or a pony tail, you will definitely see a change in your hair. I've been wearing mine for a little over a month and my hair has stopped shedding and has gotten a lot thicker. I haven't had a perm since the beginning of April and that's a record for me. That's because I've been keeping it in a "protective stlye" as they call it here on the LHCF. But no, it probably won't ever dry completely if you are pulling it back in a bun. HTH
wink.gif

Have you tried putting your hair in two or three ponytails and air drying it that way? My cousins have very long, very thick hair and this works for them. If they shampoo in the afternoon, their hair is totally dry by bedtime. One thing we've all noticed is that if you go to bed with wet hair, you're gonna wake up with wet hair...

thanks ladys , I thought I was doing something wrong. I might need to start washing early in the day to allow time to dry before I go to bed. I'll say it again still learning but i'm getting there.

Back