hair journey sabotage

SunnyHoney

excessive manipulation

mmm, hmmm *nodding my head*

Sleepin' on stuff without wearing a scarf or bonnet or anything on your head.

trying to detangle dry hair that isn't straightened, dry styling...

Let us all say Amen! *raising one hand to testify*

I'd have to say for me it's being impatient. I think my hair is supposed to grow super fast, but I have to be patient and stay diligent!!!

PREACH IT, Sister Faithful! *falling out in the church aisle*

SMH...vulnerable to (and guilty of) all of the above...truly sabotage...and nobody to blame buy myself....:nono:

Mz.MoMo5235

wearing my buns too tight for fear of looking unkempt

watching the pot boil (i.e. too many length checks in a short amount of time)

libertysince05

detangling wet or damp hair (i've finally mastered finger detangling dry hair), procrastination and impatience have all been detrimental to my hair.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
hotCombs: Magic Star Rake Set

but they're sooo expensive!!! I need to start saving lol...

The prices are not that bad if you think about it: you are getting a good quality product. This is the best comb I have EVER owned in my whole life. No joke. I still finger detangle mostly, then I go over it with the Jumbo Magic Rake comb....I love my comb and I will NEVER go back to a seamed comb ever. There is a big difference and your hair is worth it.

The next investment I am making is in the smaller sized combs :yep:

SimJam

blow outs and gel for twists

I just realised that I was akkin crazy ... getting my hair blown out just to put gel in it and have it revert.

SunnyHoney

one more for me.... "LONG-HAIR-TUNNEL-VISION"

When I first bc'd I was so focused on growing my hair back I didn't appreciate how cute my short cut was. I just looked back on a picture from then, and was like "oooh, that was cute, I wouldn't mind rocking that style again!" Back then, though, I didn't appreciate it because I had long-hair-tunnel-vision. I'm far from my goal length, but now I'm loving every stop along the way!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
adding oils before flatironing

this works great for me. back when i was using serum only my hair would only get so straight and poof quickly. now i can use a MUCH lower temperature and still have nice straight hair that last for weeks and is not oily/greasy to the touch.

i think i abused heat in december. i pressed my hair 4 times in 2 weeks. i don't know what was wrong with me. at that point i just stopped caring. welp ill never do that again:nono: im hopping back on the horse!

keelioness

Excessive product experimenting-- If what you are using is giving the results you want- STICK WITH THEM!

ITA.. i finally got my staple reggie down.. then i decide today to condition with aussie moist.. in the sink..learned 2 things.. washing in the sink doesn' t work for me.. neither does aussie moist..:sad: off to Sally' s tommorow for my tried and true Silk elements megasilk.. thanks WestIndianBeauty:yay::yay:

virtuenow

I agree, braid extensions and dryness!

I think that overall dryness was worst thing for me. And hiding my hair under braids only hid the prblem-- and quite possibly made it worse. Yes, It helps to "grow" the hair, but once you take the braids out, the hair will eventually fall out too ...This is what I learned. Hair just does not get hydrated or moisturized under those braids...I left mine in long, had a whole lot of growth, and didn't realize it was not mine to keep.

I was finally brave enough to stay away from micro braids for a long period (more recently), and try to get to know my natural hair. I discovered it was still dry, hard hair. Market shampoos and conditioners do nothing for me as far as moisture. However, as of December, I found oil rines-- something that actually infuses moisture to the inside of my strands.

Braid extensions! Especially when you just get too comfortable or if you get to thinking they are going to help your hair grow out if you keep them in longer.....uh....no.

QueenFee

Tight ponys mess up your edges, not realizing that healthy hair is a lifestyle and a lifetime commitment especially if you want healthy hair down to your butt crack lol. Being lazy when you know you need to either, moisturize, wrap your hair, or take down braids or twist. One wrong move can set you back months. The same with heat and not using heat protectant or having the patience to make the right sized parts and use the right heat. Instead some of us crank it up to the highest heat just to get it done...

I've had plenty of nights there my arms are hurting and I'm just ready to quit but now that I am seeing the fruits of my labor and some change in the muscle mass of my arms LOL I am happy with my results.

virtuenow

I've been feeling like detangling is becoming an issue for me as I think my hair is getting a little thicker (hopefully...). Even when I detangle with my fingers I get broken hairs, and it just takes entirely too long! I'ts great if you can spend 33424 hours just dentangling your hair...but ummm I HAVE STUFF TO DO! I think maybe I'll try a seamless, bone comb. Have you all tried these? I was looking at these...

Bone Combs (Bakelite Combs)

or...

hotCombs: Magic Star Rake Set

but they're sooo expensive!!! I need to start saving lol...

Detangling is probably second on my list. I spent 4-6 hrs or more finger detangling with every wash. It was a nightmare. i tried wide tooth combs and the denman, but they all rip out my hair. Now that i found the Tangle Teezer, problem solved. You should definitely check it out. See thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...-discussion/514691-*tangle-teezer*-truth.html