Hair growth updates

Your har has definitely gotten longer. It looks armpit to me. You'll know for sure once you dry and flat iron the roots. CONGRATS!!

Congratulations BX!!!! It looks good. Not to be cynical but I have a question on how people measure their hair wet vs. dry. I've been meaning to post this but your pictures made me think of it.

My hair is practically BSL when it's wet but when it's dry it's clearly just beyond APL. I guess the water weighs it down and stretches it out but how are we really supposed to measure? Thanks to anyone that can answer.

Congratulations BX!!!! It looks good. Not to be cynical but I have a question on how people measure their hair wet vs. dry. I've been meaning to post this but your pictures made me think of it.

My hair is practically BSL when it's wet but when it's dry it's clearly just beyond APL. I guess the water weighs it down and stretches it out but how are we really supposed to measure? Thanks to anyone that can answer.

I wonder about this too. I think the weight of the water keeps it down even though, it's not bone straight. I dunno, but I know wet hair always seems to be alot longer than dry to me.

Except for me. Being natural, my wet hair looks way shorter.

I knew I shouldn't have measured wet and dry for comparisons, but it was the only way. My hair shrinks sooo much, because I haven't had a perm since November 2007. Even when I straighten the roots it doesn't show accurate length. I know the wet pictures do show the length being a little bit longer than normal, but the hair clearly is pass apl even if it has been weighed down by water. I honestly don't know how we are supposed to measure our hair. I go based off of the tattoo on my back. Even though the water may be weighing my hair down, my hair is still way pass the tattoo. Wutever the case may be, I'm still going to claim APL :grin:.

APL, Claim it baby ..even if the water stretched your hair , how much stretching can the water really do...its still all your length that the water is revealing :grin:

congrats on your growth, and you hair does look especially long when it's wet.

i don't think you're quite there yet. from your first picture, it looks like you're about 3 - 4 full inches away from the tippy top of APL.

plus, you can't really compare a wet hair picture to a dry hair picture, it's a bit misleading.

when my hair is wet, it's about an inch past APL, but when it's blow-dried and straight, it's about 2.5 - 3 inches away.

your hair looks very pretty, though, and i'm sure you'll make full apl w/ dry hair very soon! :yep:

I guess I wont claim APL just yet. Wet and Dry pictures may not be a fair comparison. Only thing is that I dont have a relaxer in any of those pictures. So I know that once I relax my hair I'll definately be APL.

Last edited:
Back