Hair Growth Cycles...

miss_a

Hey ladies,

It's been a minute, since I've last posted--but I started thinking about the growth hair cycles, I think L-diva posted the other night that some individuals have hair growth cycles of 2, 4, 6 years...Which got me thinking!

1. How do you know which category your hair falls in? I say this because everyday you're losing complete strands.

2. What happens when your hair has reached its 2 year cycle--are you able to maintain an even length?

3. And for anyone who can answer this one, extra credit is headed in your direction, genetically speaking--why the need for some individuals to have hair growth of 2 years or even 6 years--are some cultures predispositioned for longer hair--e.g., colder climates?

I was just thinking. /images/graemlins/think.gif

Y'all take care AND stay warm

A. /images/graemlins/rosebud.gif

Hi miss_a,

Interesting question. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
On average hair grows 6" per year. People you see with super long hair, have longer hair life cycles.( Ex: 36 inches of hair needs, on average, 6 years to grow that long. Of course, there are those that grow more than 6" of hair a year.) Your hair growth cycle is genetically determined. Men usually have shorter hair life cycles, but as with everything, there are exceptions to that rule. I am not convinced that only certain cultures have the predisposition to have long hair because long hair can be found in all cultures and walks of life. This site was one of the sources I used to understand hair and hair growth better:
The World of Hair I hope you find it as informative as I did. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back