Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2014

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I had a good workout today. I did the treadmill incline (rolling hills). I burned around 300 calories. Im going to do some squats tonight. Im trying to keep all my booty as I slim down lol :yep:

GettingKinky

I just ordered ankle weights from amazon. Starting next week I'm going to do 4 weeks of Brazil Butt Lift. I want to pass the pencil test with flying colors.

I'm also going to get a bod pod body fat measurement on Tuesday. I can't wait to see what it says.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Lmbo!! Ive never heard of that. I thought it was supposed to stay so I was squeezing it in place. It falls if I just put it there:lol:

GettingKinky

If I just put it there it falls, but I can wedge it in so it stays. I want to lift my butt so that I can't make it stay even if I try. Hence the Brazil butt lift workouts.

GettingKinky

I already cheated during my no wheat week and only on day 3. I went to sweet tomato to have a healthy lunch and they had lemon muffins. I just couldn't resist. But I'm still down 2 pounds from where I was Monday morning.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Im still sipping on my master cleanse lemonade, but I am back eating regular food. I had blackened salmon, green beans and brown rice for dinner last night. Im not very hungry today, but I had a vanilla protein shake for breakfast. I feel sexier and im starting to look better in my clothes. The cleanse took away 2 inches of tummy bloat

toaster

I ran this morning and I only stopped once! Felt like I was going to die towards the end but I did it. Tomorrow is rest day and then Saturday morning is run/walk 3 miles. I already don't want to. Haha.

toaster

Oh! I've been moisturizing my hair in the morning this week for no reason really. I believe moisturizing in the morning is helping to prevent reversion when I workout right afterwards.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
worked out three times this week. aiming for a couple more

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I didnt go to the gym this morning. Dh and I had a lot of cleaning to do. Between laundry, the kitchen and vacuuming the whole house I burned about 200 cals. I wore my hrm and checked it every 15 mins or so.

I bought some resistance bands from Target today. While the kids were outside playing kickball and waterguns I did pilates. Those bands work. I felt the burn after only a few leg lifts. The set has 3 bands. I started out with the lowest resistance and I will gradually work my way up.

GettingKinky

So I've been doing my wheat free week since Monday. I cheated a little on Wed, but otherwise I've been good. Yesterday at work I was starving so I ate a ton of nuts and last night I had a rice chex craving so I had a bowl, but I lost half a pound yesterday. And I'm down 2.5 lbs since Monday morning. I'm at 137 :grin: If I ever got to 130, I'd be back at my high school weight, but with more muscle.

Today is the last day I'm wearing my flat iron. It's two weeks old and I really need to wash my scalp. I had a dream last night that my stylist was washing my hair. She was hoping that it would stay straight even after she wet it, but it crinkled right up. I have no idea why I dreamed that.

Attachments

• image-3824012217.jpg
    image-3824012217.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

toaster

I did my three miles but there was a lot of walking. It took me 37 minutes! I need to eat something and drink more water before I go on Tuesday. I also forgot how hot it gets in Texas so I'll aim to be out of the house by at least 7am for all my runs over the next 13 weeks.

Tomorrow is walk 2 miles and I'm so happy. Ha.

GettingKinky

Way to go toaster.

I just finished P90X3 yesterday and I'm really happy with the results.

I lost 10.8 pounds
My body fat % went down by 2.8%
I lost 8 3/8 inches

Weight: 147.8 --> 137
Body fat: 32.5% --> 29.7%
Bust: 37 1/8 --> 36 1/2 (I'm a little sad)
Waist: 29 3/4 --> 26
Hips: 40 7/8 --> 39 1/4
Rt thigh 23 --> 21 7/8
Lf thigh 23 3/8 --> 22 1/4

My thighs have never really gotten smaller before. I'm so happy. :grin: Now I just have to maintain this (or maybe lose 5 more lbs), and get my butt more lifted.

I'm starting Brazil Butt Lift on Monday.

faithVA

Way to go toaster.

I just finished P90X3 yesterday and I'm really happy with the results.

I lost 10.8 pounds
My body fat % went down by 2.8%
I lost 8 3/8 inches

Weight: 147.8 --> 137
Body fat: 32.5% --> 29.7%
Bust: 37 1/8 --> 36 1/2 (I'm a little sad)
Waist: 29 3/4 --> 26
Hips: 40 7/8 --> 39 1/4
Rt thigh 23 --> 21 7/8
Lf thigh 23 3/8 --> 22 1/4

My thighs have never really gotten smaller before. I'm so happy. :grin: Now I just have to maintain this (or maybe lose 5 more lbs), and get my butt more lifted.

I'm starting Brazil Butt Lift on Monday.

Fabulous results. Definitely celebrate yourself.

toaster

I finished week 1 of my training with a 3 mile walk. 2 miles just didn't feel like very much. Rest day tomorrow!

GettingKinky

I just did my first Brazil Butt Lift workout and my legs are shaking. If this doesn't lift my butt, I don't know what will.

ETA: after looking at my P90x3 after pictures, I decided that I need to lose another 10 pounds. That will put me at my high school weight. The thing is that even then I wasn't happy with my thighs. But I didn't use weights back then so maybe it will be different this time.

Last edited:

GettingKinky

I'm getting my body fat measured in a bod pod tomorrow. I'm a little nervous. For some reason I've always believed that my scale measures my fat % too high, but what if it's been measuring too low?

GettingKinky

Ow ow ow! The Brazil butt lift high & tight workout makes my butt burn! I hope that means it's working.

I tried AOWC for the first time ever last night. It's the new formulation and I love the way it smells. I used it to moisturize my hair before braiding it last night and now it's nice and shiny.

toaster

Well, my half marathon training has halted one week in. I think I tore a muscle in my abdomen. A few hours in the hospital yesterday told me I don't have a hernia, all my internal organs are where they should be, and my blood work is normal. They gave me 2 weeks of antacid medication, and ice on my stomach helps with the soreness and swelling.

Ugh. I guess I'll re-start slowly once I feel better.

faithVA

Well, my half marathon training has halted one week in. I think I tore a muscle in my abdomen. A few hours in the hospital yesterday told me I don't have a hernia, all my internal organs are where they should be, and my blood work is normal. They gave me 2 weeks of antacid medication, and ice on my stomach helps with the soreness and swelling.

Ugh. I guess I'll re-start slowly once I feel better.

:bighug: Sorry your not feeling way but glad it isn't serious. Definitely take it slow when you do get started. Make sure you start with gentle stretching all over to get your body geared up.[USER][/USER]

I'm over here smelling like a nursing home putting Absorbine Jr on my knee so I can be ready for my ride on Saturday :lol:

toaster

:bighug: Sorry your not feeling way but glad it isn't serious. Definitely take it slow when you do get started. Make sure you start with gentle stretching all over to get your body geared up.[USER][/USER] I'm over here smelling like a nursing home putting Absorbine Jr on my knee so I can be ready for my ride on Saturday :lol:

Hahaha. I hope the nursing home smell helps! So impressed with your long rides. And thank you! I'm glad it's not serious too, I was worried. I was thinking I was going to have surgery. It's definitely the last time I google my symptoms...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My belt is getting looser yay! Im not going to bother weighing myself for a few days. All the fluctuations just discourage me.
Yesterday I did zumba for an hour. It was fun!! Today I did the treadmill on an incline for 35 mins. Tomorrow im lifting and swimming. My bday is quickly approaching and I wanna look good :)

GettingKinky

I just finished my Bod Pod body fat measurement and I'm 21.1%. I'm really happy with the result, I was just hoping to be less than 25%. I swear though all the fat is on my thighs and butt. After I finish Brazil Butt Lift and Body Beast I am going to do this test again. My new goal is to get in the teens.

faithVA

Hahaha. I hope the nursing home smell helps! So impressed with your long rides. And thank you! I'm glad it's not serious too, I was worried. I was thinking I was going to have surgery. It's definitely the last time I google my symptoms...

Yeah my doctor hates when I do that. :lol:

faithVA

I am going back to something I did last year; 30 days of salads. I purchased everything over the weekend but didn't prep, so I bought my salad today. Tonight I prepped 4 salads to get me through the weekend. I need to stock up again this weekend and prep Friday so I'm ready at the beginning of the week.

Once I get a handle on that I am going to prep my fruit for my morning smoothies. That will take care of two meals out of the day. Dinner is easy to take care of.