Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2013

Haddasah said:
I'm 5'3 at 172.lbs....Can't believe we have about the same BMI because you look so much more smaller than me :blush: did you used to lift weights?

Yeah and thanks I used to do gymnastics,lift weights ,and swim but my weight fluctuates between 165-175 I really don't know what makes me so heavy I guess "sum" is muscle under fat lol.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Haddasah said:
I'm 5'3 at 172.lbs....Can't believe we have about the same BMI because you look so much more smaller than me :blush: did you used to lift weights?

Thanks and yes I used to do gymnastic swimming and I would lift weights here and there wen I was trying to lose. But mainly I have a mixture of fat and muscle my goal weight according to the doctor is supposed to be 125 which I will never be.

I'm in! I will post stats & info when I get home.

HAIR GOALS->

Current Length: Grazing WL (starting pic next week/relaxer time)
2013 Goal Length: HL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: RELAXED
Hair type: 4 SOMETHING
How you will achieve goal: WIGS FOR THE MOST PART BUT ANYTHING PROTECTIVE AND OFF THE SHOULDERS. DC ONCE A WEEK FOR 2 HOURS. RECONSTRUCTOR ONCE A WEEK.

WEIGHT/FITNESS GOALS->

Current Weight: 180
Height: 5'9
Goal Weight: 170
Current Dress Size: 10
Goal Size: 8
Fitness Goal: TIGHTEN MIDSECTION, BIGGER CALVES, BIGGER BUTT, BIGGER ARMS.
How you will achieve goal: PERSONAL TRAINER/ WEIGHT TRAINING TWICE A WEEK. CARDIO TWICE A WEEK AT GYM.

me too!! Im supposed to be about 125 :nono: I don't see myself at that weight ever and honestly i don't want to be that small. I want to begin lifting weights to see if it helps for me

Thanks and yes I used to do gymnastic swimming and I would lift weights here and there wen I was trying to lose. But mainly I have a mixture of fat and muscle my goal weight according to the doctor is supposed to be 125 which I will never be.

I'll like to join if it's not too late!

Hair Goals

Current Length: Grazing SL
2013 Goal Length: Healthy APL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: relaxed
Hair type: 4 A/b
How you will achieve goal: relax every 12-16 weeks, DC with every wash/co-wash, M&S at least every 2-3 days and use MN/Sulfur 8 mixture

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 174.5 (sadly up 10 lbs since May)
Goal Weight: 155
Current Dress Size: 8
Goal Size: 6
Fitness Goal: workout at least 4 days a week
How you will achieve goal: Continue to log on MFP, intermittent fasting, clean eating and incorporate green smoothies into my diet.

HAIR GOALS->

How you will achieve goal: WIGS FOR THE MOST PART BUT ANYTHING PROTECTIVE AND OFF THE SHOULDERS. DC ONCE A WEEK FOR 2 HOURS. RECONSTRUCTOR ONCE A WEEK.

WEIGHT/FITNESS GOALS->

How you will achieve goal: PERSONAL TRAINER/ WEIGHT TRAINING TWICE A WEEK. CARDIO TWICE A WEEK AT GYM.

Gotta get my tummy right! Before pic. And my siggie will be used for hair updates. ;) New updated hair pic next week.

PIC DELETED

Last edited:
I found some delicious healthy recipes I can't wait to try. I took out some shrimp this morning so for dinner, I've either making shrimp lo mein, shrimp scampi, shrimp fried rice or shirmp arribata.

I've got recipes for Chicken Pot Pie, Baked "Fried" Chicken, Baked Chicken and Spinach Rigatoni, Turkey and Spinach Stuffed Jumbo Shells, Taco Soup....I made the Crock Pot Chicken Noodle soup a few weeks ago and it was really good.

I am planning out my weight loss regimen still but this is my detailed Hair Growth regimen

Cornrow hair every 4-6 weeks, saturate hair with conditioner before cornrowing
Wear wig when out of the house
Moisturize cornrows nightly and baggy ends
Deep condition cornrows weekly
Wash and re-cornrow

Conditioners- VO5 moisture, Aubrey Organics Island Naturals, ORS banana and bamboo
Leave in - Kinky Curly Knot Today, Coconut oil
Shampoo- Organic Mud Wash

Let's Go Waistlength!!

What exercises will you be doing for a bigger bottom?

HAIR GOALS->

WEIGHT/FITNESS GOALS->

@haddash

My PT had me doing the following on Monday:

Calf raises
Squats
Lunges
Leg extensions
....and some other things. I have them written down but its in my car.

ETA: More like for a toned butt cause my booty is big enough. LOL

I'd like to join too if it's not too late!

Hair Goals

Current Length: Neck Length
2013 Goal Length: In between SL and BSL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural (transitioning)
Hair type: 4 A/B, I think
How you will achieve goal: Daily moisturizing (rosewater, Cantu Shea Butter, and essential oils), protective styling, bi-weekly co-washing, pre-poo's and monthly poo's, no heat except for length checks. I will try to use a clarifying shampoo at the end of December.

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 194 at 5'6"
Goal Weight: 135-150
Current Dress Size: 12
Goal Size: 6-8
Fitness Goal: To work out at least one a day, twice a day on holidays and weekends, try to lower carbs, and find a healthier substitute for my intense sugar cravings
How you will achieve goal: I will try to start running for cardio and to re-build my metabolism, crunches for abs, and also rowing and squats for the legs and butt. If I can find a good Zumba class that would also help!

Will post hair/body pics later.

Girl, when you find that thing to help with sugar cravings let me know, like I can eat a box of oreos in 1.5 days by myself....:look::nono:

I'd like to join too if it's not too late!

Hair Goals

Current Length: Neck Length
2013 Goal Length: In between SL and BSL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural (transitioning)
Hair type: 4 A/B, I think
How you will achieve goal: Daily moisturizing (rosewater, Cantu Shea Butter, and essential oils), protective styling, bi-weekly co-washing, pre-poo's and monthly poo's, no heat except for length checks. I will try to use a clarifying shampoo at the end of December.

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 194 at 5'6"
Goal Weight: 135-150
Current Dress Size: 12
Goal Size: 6-8
Fitness Goal: To work out at least one a day, twice a day on holidays and weekends, try to lower carbs, and find a healthier substitute for my intense sugar cravings
How you will achieve goal: I will try to start running for cardio and to re-build my metabolism, crunches for abs, and also rowing and squats for the legs and butt. If I can find a good Zumba class that would also help!

Will post hair/body pics later.

Here's the 30 day slimdown rotation of jillian michael dvds

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 7 - OFF!
DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 14 - OFF!
DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
DAY 26 - OFF!
DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

ENJOY!

**QUICK TROUBLE ZONES = NMTZ w/ no floorwork

I'm starting this rotation tomorrow

Sent from outer space

Did weights again today. Felt great and baked some delicious salmon today. Moisturizes and sealed then detangled to bun my hair all day. Cardio and co-washing this afternoon! I must up my protein intake.

So I gained a little since Thanksgiving. Not tripping because I'm going to take this as the perfect opportunity to try a water detox. I wanna do it for 40 days; 30 at the minimum. This should help me break some bad habits and transition into a vegetable based lifestyle.

As far as my hair, I've straightened it and plan on keeping it that way for the whole 30-40 days that I'm on the detox. I'm probably not going to use heat on it during that time and will mainly try doing some sort of protective styling like maybe braids or a full weave.

Last edited:
http://www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Jennifer+Hudson/Jh9al9soyeO/Long+Hairstyles

Jennifer Hudson is my inspiration, we have similar body types, and Im working to keep an hourglass shape when I lose all of the weight. I am still working on my exercise regimen, I want to make sure that I get it right.

As for my hair, it's time to redo my cornrows, im also wanting to try a u-part wig with a lace closure and I want it to look like this: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=jenn...=92&start=0&ndsp=31&ved=1t:429,r:24,s:0,i:190

Short lecture on Food Addictions!

Neal Barnard MD discusses the science behind food additions. Willpower is not to blame: chocolate, cheese, meat, and sugar release opiate-like substances. Dr. Barnard also discusses how industry, aided by government, exploits these natural cravings, pushing us to eat more and more unhealthy foods. A plant-based diet is the solution to avoid many of these problems. Neal Barnard is the founder of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VWi6dXCT7I

Here's the 30 day slimdown rotation of jillian michael dvds

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 7 - OFF!
DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 14 - OFF!
DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
DAY 26 - OFF!
DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

ENJOY!

**QUICK TROUBLE ZONES = NMTZ w/ no floorwork

I'm starting this rotation tomorrow

Sent from outer space

Once I get my order tomorrow, I will have all those videos. Thanks!

I haven’t checked in, in a minute!! I slacked off on my exercising but back on track now. I ran a mile on the treadmill today on lunch. I’ve altered my eating habits to focus on more veggies, fruits, & protein. I wanted to drop down on my carb intake but found out that I actually need a sufficient amount to be able to train for running. So I’ll make sure that I get them from healthy items versus sweet tempting Oreos, Chips ahoy & Donut sticks lolol!! This week I’ll focus on running the treadmill on cutting the time to run the mile down by a couple of minutes each day. When I’m at home, I’ll focus on strengthening & toning my legs & butt. Then the following week I will incorporate weight training w/ mostly my legs/butt & very light weights on my arms (to slim down & not bulk up).
I co-washed & DC’d on Saturday & continue to M&S every other night. Got a tad bit irritated today though because I can’t stand when my wig starts feeling loose after working out from the sweat!! I’ve taken a shower, cooled off & everything & it still feels loose!! I need some bobby pins right now!! LOL!

So I'm still doing the Livefit. I'm on day 30. I've lost an inch in my waist and am down about 4 lbs.

Hey Ladies!

So I have finally figured out the best plan for me for the WeightLoss component of this challenge!! Guys Im so geared up, I know that with God I will be able to get healthy not just a DIET but a LIFE...I need to live my life differently.I want to exercise and eat to have optimal health.

EATING

http://www.rawfoodbootcamp.com/

Initial Rules:
-100% Raw
-1200 cal daily
- 10% to 15% Fat
-Sodium from Fruit and Veggies ONLY
.... I will eventually transition into a 80% Raw Diet as a lifestyle

I will be following the Raw Food Boot Camp 50lbs in 12 weeks Challenge to not only lose the weight but change my taste buds

I will also do a personal 40 days of Prayer in order to address my emotional eating, keep focused, and to have the strength needed to go through this major change

I will try to post on this thread atleast 2-3x a week to keep everyone updated but my weightloss tracking is at: http://www.fitday.com/

EXERCISE:

I will walk a minimum of 1 hour, 5 days out of the week and build up to 2hours.

I will also incorporate weight training to tone my glutes and triceps. Also do exercises to keep the waist cinched in.

Most of the walking will be done at the park but for moments when I can't make it to the park, I will use WATP or BLPW...eventually I may get a cheap tredmill.

Yesterday I ran a mile in 12 minutes shaving off 3 minutes from the day before. I was supposed to start the weights next week but had a plenty of time left so I did the Leg Press, Ab Rotation & Hip Adductor/Abductor too. Now my hamstrings, butt cheeks & hips are on fire every time I get up to walk. And I’m loving every bit of it!!!!! I got on the scale right after thanksgiving & I went from 165 to 168 from gobbling more than just the turkey. I dropped back down to 165.5 when I checked last night. I’ll check again on Friday but I won’t work out on Friday.
My hair has been ridiculously dry from sweating underneath my wig when I work out. So I’ve decided that I’m going to do some kinky twists to be able to maintain my hair & be comfortable working out. I’ll co-wash & DC on Thursday night. Then M&S Friday morning & start working on my twists Friday night. I have never done my own braids & I’m not sure how long it’s going take me so I’m giving myself about 4 hours Friday night & all of Saturday to work on them. Ladies that have (or had) kinky twists, what hair (brand & type) did you find the best to be able to wash, condition, moisturize & maintain while working out?

Today:
Weight loss-> 6miles using WATP DVD, ate all raw low-fat vegan

Hair-> undid cornrows...hair is longer..I thinks it's MBL now. i took a pic but can't find my cord to dowload it

Cardio HIIT 25 TurboFire last night and me and baby girl played 30 minutes of Wii Just Dance 3. Today is supposed to be a rest day but I'm itching to do some cardio. May do TurboFire 45 and more gym work on tomorrow! Love this feeling!!

Shampooed hair last night because I was drenched in sweat. Moisturized and sealed then bunned today. Six weeks post on Saturday and six weeks to go!

Back