hair falling from roots.

chebaby

i could cry, i really could. every time i comb my hair there are strands everywhere. i can feel it popping from out my scalp even when i dont pull it.:wallbash:. when it first started happening i thought it was normal shedding. then it was no longer normal and i blamed it on hydratherma naturals follicle invigorator seeing as how thats the only thing i put on my scalp. then i thought it was breakage so i threw away my comb and went back to my wide tooth comb (happy i did this).
but now i know for sure its not breakage it serious shedding popping from my scalp. people say 100 hairs a day is normal but i have never gotten that. even before i took care of my hair i would get little broken hairs all over my clothes but no wild shedding so im scared my hair is falling out.
i dont know what to do. every week i shampoo with aphogee shampoo for damaged hair and then deep condition with ors pak.
i dont know of anything i am doing or using that would make my hair pop from my scalp like that. the only thing i put on my scalp is folicle invigorator. and i threw it away this morning.
what should i do?

bermudabeauty

Aphogee products has a lot of protein in them. But too much protein would equal breakage. Do you take any growth aids because they increase shedding. I feel what you are saying. I was there this summer. I had shedding big time. I tried used garlic shampoo it really made my hair dry. I don't even shed 100 hairs like I used to. Your hair could be allergic to a product that you are using too.

chebaby

Aphogee products has a lot of protein in them. But too much protein would equal breakage. Do you take any growth aids because they increase shedding. I feel what you are saying. I was there this summer. I had shedding big time. I tried used garlic shampoo it really made my hair dry. I don't even shed 100 hairs like I used to. Your hair could be allergic to a product that you are using too.
thanks.
the follicle invigorator is a growth aid, the only thing i use on my scalp, so that could have caused the increase in shedding.
the thing about it though is that my scalp is really sore too.

bermudabeauty

I don't know about a sore head. But I do recall reading alot about growth aids and increased shedding. The hair cycle is ending sooner and being replaced at a faster rate. That is what I learned. Maybe you can either take garlic supplements and or use garlic shampoos or garlic hot oil treatments to combat the shedding. You can buy at www.bluebeez.com Hope this helps

chebaby

thank you. i have an oil that has garlic and coconut oil in it. its a pre poo oil so i will use that before i shampoo for the next couple of weeks and see how that does. thank you so much.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Are the bulbs at the end white or black? If they're white, then that's natural shedding. A lot of people experience excessive shedding when using growth aids. Or it could just be the season. I've noticed a whoooole lot of shedding threads now that winter has rolled around. Do you take any garlic supps? Have you tried any garlic poos and/or cons?

If the bulb is black, then the hairs haven't reached the end of their phase and are falling out prematurely. If they're black, something's up, probably something internal

jeabai

So sorry this is happening to you. Your one of my hair idols and were not even the same hair type. Here's wishing all the wonderful advice that you give to others comes back to you!!!

ShiShiPooPoo

That follicle booster is probably speeding things up...

My hair is thinning right on the crown...going BACK to the derm Tuesday for a second opinion...it's sore too!!!!