HAIR DISASTER!!!!! OMG!!!!!

Rainy101

Dont feel bad, it WILL grow back. Stay away from the human hair..

OHhhh! I'm really sad that this happened to you, they looked soo nice that I was thinking of getting some myself, I do not know what to say to you to make you feel bbetter , so here is a big {{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}} give yourself a good hot oil and protein treatment. at least the itching is over.

TigerLily

Thanks again ladies!

Ladibug, thanks for sharing your story. Yes, I wouldn't mind being your hair buddy! I've never had a reaction like this...to anything!!! I would've thought that the kanekalon would've caused something like this...not human hair. With human hair, I didn't think that it was possible!

deeshortesthair - I forgot all about a hot oil treatment. I don't know why, since I do one once a week! I guess it was because I was so upset.

brwnskingirl

Oh no, im so sorry this happened. Dont worry it will grow back before u know it. I remember when I went bald after a relaxer I was so sad, but before I knew it my hair that i lost had come back. Good luck

TigerLily

Okay...another update:

I did a pre-poo treatment with jojoba oil, coconut oil, castor oil, and honey. I left it on for 30-45min. and then rinsed. I then conditioner washed with Pantene R&N. My hair now feels normal. My scalp is still a little tender, but with each passing day it gets a little better (I'll be glad when it gets 'a lot better'!) My scalp looks normal and I don't have any shedding or breaking, so that's good. I think my scalp is sensitive from the trauma (esp. scratching)

I'll do CW washes everyday and Surge 2x a day and use Capilong at night w/Surge. I'm no longer sad. I'm determined now, ladies!!!

My hair is going to grow back, danggit!

adrienne0914

aww, i'm sad that this happened, but i'm glad you're already feeling better and your scalp is recovering. here's a big hug!!

AJamericanDiva

Tigerlily, I am so sorry about what happened.
I agree with my fellow LHCFer that said you had an allergic reaction. I would definitely suggest you take some Benadryl. They even have topical Benadryl as well. Even hydrocortisone would help. I'm glad to know that you're feeling better. I think that you shouldn't cut your hair. Once your scalp is calmed down, I would do simple box braids with the kanekalon hair that you are familiar with. This will give your hair time to catch up.

AFashionSlave

It's OK girl.
Many of us have had hair set backs. When I first transitioned I went back to a relaxer/texturizer twice in 1996. I also burned my napps last year with a pressing comb. I had to cut off most of my hair and start all over again with a short hair cut.

Your hair will grow back.

TigerLily

The benadryl pills make me awfully sleepy. I'm already on a lot of medication. I will, however invest in the benadryl cream/hydrocortisone for my scalp and probably get some cornrows in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the suggestion!

Isis

Sorry to hear that happened. The good thing is that you have access to all the knowledge you want to successfully grow back your hair and you will get lots of support from us here.