HAIR COLORING question???

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Back in March, I got my hair colored with Loreal Feria which has made my hair drier and less manageable.

In the past, I have used Clairol's Nice and Easy and did great for my hair. Two weeks after my next relaxer, I want to color my hair again with Clairol's Nice & Easy Blue black or Natural black.

If I apply a hair color brand that worked for my hair over one that didn't, will it make my hair in better condition than before???

You want to use another permanent color on top of a permanent color? I don't know if that sounds like a good idea for relaxed hair. It might make the dryness worse, IMO. You don't want to do a rinse or a semi?
Have you PM'd Tracy, our resident color expert? She might have some better advice.
Sorry I couldn't be more help...

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
You want to use another permanent color on top of a permanent color? I don't know if that sounds like a good idea for relaxed hair. It might make the dryness worse, IMO. You don't want to do a rinse or a semi?
Have you PM'd Tracy, our resident color expert? She might have some better advice.
Sorry I couldn't be more help...

[/ QUOTE ]

Tai, is your hair color-treated??? I thought that's what people do when they want a different color was apply another permanent color over a permanent color.
confused.gif
I'm confused. How long will color rinses/semi-permanent color last? The permanent color I have in my hair right now is brown. If I use a black color rinse, will it help make the brown darker, or will the brown color come back after the rinse wears off???
confused.gif

I have highlights and I've used semi colorant before. Never have used permanent since I heard too many horror stories.
Rinses have to do be done more frequently. Semi & demi colorants can last several weeks. The more you shampoo your hair, the more you have to do them. They'll say on the package how many weeks the colorant will last.
If you use a rinse, then yes, the brown will be there once the black is rinsed out. Depending on how porous your hair is, it is somewhat possible that the brown color could darken with a semi or demi but there's no guarantee.

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
I have highlights and I've used semi colorant before. Never have used permanent since I heard too many horror stories.
Rinses have to do be done more frequently. Semi & demi colorants can last several weeks. The more you shampoo your hair, the more you have to do them. They'll say on the package how many weeks the colorant will last.
If you use a rinse, then yes, the brown will be there once the black is rinsed out. Depending on how porous your hair is, it is somewhat possible that the brown color could darken with a semi or demi but there's no guarantee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwhhh Maannn...
ohwell.gif
I guess it's best to grow out the color if I dont want it anymore. I just PM Tracy so I hope to hear from her soon. Thanks for your help Tai!
wink.gif

Back