H2Pro:Here's the New Iron Replacing H2Pro 206LE/Runway

brownbean96

Sooo, I just spoke to a 'Top' (so he said) Representative from H2PRO. We had a VERY lengthy (much to my chagrin :nono:) conversation about the H2Pro 206LE. As most of you know, they are no longer being manufactured. And unfortunately, will never be made again. I called him because I ordered one from Beauty Member that went in to La-La land (I never heard anything concerning the iron once I ordered it).

At any rate, the Rep said that the 206LE and the Runway were identical irons (as most of us know) and that H2Pro/FHI were once the same company. They broke off and separated into 2 companies that carried the same exact products/irons, etc. Well according to him, FHI has lost the relationship with the manufacturer that produced the Runway/206 LE. He also explained the technology behind the Runway/206LE - the 6 plates of ceramic (handmade), etc -was great in that it produced continuous heat but the plates were flaky because of them not being durable - prone to breaking. He says that the continious heat was the reason the iron performed so well NOT the ceramic plates.

For those reasons, that technology will not be used again. They are claiming to have come up with even better technology using the same principle used for the Runway/206LE - continuous heat. He says this new iron is also easier to use for Non-Professionals.

The New Iron is called the Presto Turbo. It's apparently not going to be sold on line - it will only be available for purchases at authorized salons ($200 - cheaper because it won't have the handmade ceramic plates).

Here it is http://www.h2probeautylife.com/subpage/01red/red_00e001.html

Let me know what you guys think.

They're suppose to debut it at the next Bronner's Brother Show in February/in Atlanta

Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Thank you for sharing! Can't wait for member's reviews.

I love that the plates are NOT white. My plates have discolored on my Runway.. but it still works flawlessly

brownbean96

No, they aren't. I know I wanted one to but according to H2Pro this iron is on point with and a bit better than the 206LE. There are a few sites saying that they have the 206LE but I don't believe they do. The guy also bashed FHI a bit saying they were going through some financial issues and that their products may not be as good in the future. Who knows though - you know how sales guys are.
Oh nooo, they're not making the H2Pro anymore???

I really wanted to buy this one.

Dacia38

How about the other H2Pro models? Are the ones with the 3 ceramic plates any good? My current flat iron is ceramic and doesn't have 6 plates or whatever so I'm thinking an iron with 3 plates would be a step up?

Sorry if this is hijacking the thread.....I just had my heart set on the Runway twin.

brownbean96

He said none of their flat irons will have ceramic plates any longer. The ones on their site are no longer available - they just haven't updated the site :ohwell:. I know, it disheartening (sp) since we've heard so many great things about the 6 ceramic plates. I'm hoping that this new technology proves to be just ast good or better.

How about the other H2Pro models? Are the ones with the 3 ceramic plates any good? My current flat iron is ceramic and doesn't have 6 plates or whatever so I'm thinking an iron with 3 plates would be a step up?

Sorry if this is hijacking the thread.....I just had my heart set on the Runway twin.

Dacia38

Thanks....

I've read that a few people purchased the H2Pro from a local beauty supply store. Not sure which model though, but I'm gonna do a couple of drive-by's this weekend to see if I can turn up anything.

Thanks again for answering my question.

~Dee

brownbean96

Your welcome - please let me know what you find (place and price). I'm not to far plus I have a lot of friends in your neck of the woods..
Thanks....

I've read that a few people purchased the H2Pro from a local beauty supply store. Not sure which model though, but I'm gonna do a couple of drive-by's this weekend to see if I can turn up anything.

Thanks again for answering my question.

~Dee

Loliz

When and where can I get it? And what's that Parasella model still being adverstised on their site? According to the site, it says that is the best one they make. Is that the H2Pro 206LE version that is no longer going to be made? If they aren't using Ceramic, then what are they using?

Dacia38

I'll try to keep this short for anyone who is interested in the H2Pro. I got a chance to check out a local BSS that recently opened in December '09. Wouldn't you know they had a ton of H2Pro's. They had models ranging from the 100's up to the 302YVI. They did not have the 206LE. However, they had several of the Elite series (see OP link). They had the Allegra which was 410 degree's they had them in various sizes, but they all appeard to be a fixed temperature. The had the Vivace which went up to 450 degrees and was a variable temparature. The Vivace came in varios iron sizes and also came in a domed shaped (curve) plate as well as a flat plate. They also had 1 Presto turbo left. I did see that they had shelf space for a 1" and a 1 1/4", but the 1" were sold out. The 1 1/4" Preston was priced at $159.99.

If anyone in the DMV area is interested the BSS is called Beauty4U and is located in the Largo/Kettering/Upper Marlboro, MD area and is having a grand opening sale. All H2Pro's are 30% off until February 7, 2010.

Just as an fyi...I ended up buying the 302YVI which was listed at $119.99. With the 30% off I paid $83.99. I was very tempted to get the Presto, but after looking all over the box I didn't see the word Ceramic or Tourmaline anywhere and I was a little apprehensive about purchasing it.

Hope this was helpful to someone.

p.s. I'll try to upload the picture of the box I took with my cell phone, but I'm not sure I know how to upload on the forum yet.

Attachments

• H2PRO Presto.jpg
    H2PRO Presto.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 35

outspokenwallflower

There seems to be a turbo trigger on the flat iron that delivers 'extra heat'...I wonder if that will make it perform better or will it work against hair by causing more damage?

brownbean96

Yes! The guy said that trigger (I believe it's 'triggered' automatically) keeps the heat at the same temp (whatever you set it to) througout you flat ironing your hair. He says that is why the 6 ceramic plates were a success becuase it gave the ability to have continous heat.
There seems to be a turbo trigger on the flat iron that delivers 'extra heat'...I wonder if that will make it perform better or will it work against hair by causing more damage?

brownbean96

According to the rep, the 3 ceramic plate irons will also not be available. They aren't discontinouing the ceramic plate technology in all of their irons. They just hadn't updated their site. All of their flat irons will use the 'new' technology' used with the Presto. It's suppose to be the latest and greatest and every other company will follow - all according to this H2PRO guy.

brownbean96

Not sure what the Parasella model is and I don't exactly know what the material used in the Presto is that's replacing the H2PRO 206LE - but it's suppose to be the latest and the greatest:ohwell:
When and where can I get it? And what's that Parasella model still being adverstised on their site? According to the site, it says that is the best one they make. Is that the H2Pro 206LE version that is no longer going to be made? If they aren't using Ceramic, then what are they using?

Loliz

Okay, so I want to try this iron. Problem is? No one has it. So I wrote H2Pro and here's the response I got:

That iron will only be sold at beauty salons. I encourage to contact your hairstylist and request the product.
This particular iron was launched no too long ago, so we are still working on the process of spreading out the tools to as many salons as we can.
And the best and most reliable way to get one is if your hairdresser asks her/his distributor to supply the H2PRO Presto.

Thank you for your preference.

DAVID G. JUNIOR
H2PRO
Executive Sales Manager
t. 800-896-7728
847-299-9900
f. 847-296-3555
c. 224-766-1776
e. [email protected]
w. www.h2probeautylife.com

Well, problem is, no hairstylist I know of has even heard of this iron. So I wrote Mr. Junior back and asked him if he could refer me to someone. He promptly did and that supplier did not have them either and was not planning on ordering it.

So.... I need an iron pronto and might just have to get the FHI Runway whenever it comes back out. Does anyone know of anyone selling this iron?

brownbean96

Hi Loliz,

Thanks for reporting back. The Sales Rep I spoke to told me the same thing - the iron would only be available through salons or their distrubitors (sp). However, they are producing the same iron, with different color plates to sell on the internet. I don't know if they are the same quality but they want to make sure that the professional irons are only sold to salons.

A bit confusing at this point. I think as time goes on, things will be made more clear.

In the meantime, I found a girl selling one on ebay - it's used and according to her, was only used once:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160399012234&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I also saw them on this site - http://www.hairflix.com/shop/hair-tools/fhi-heat.html
which is where I ended up ordering it from. I've never ordered from the site before so I'm hoping that all goes as planned and I get my iron.

Okay, so I want to try this iron. Problem is? No one has it. So I wrote H2Pro and here's the response I got:

That iron will only be sold at beauty salons. I encourage to contact your hairstylist and request the product.
This particular iron was launched no too long ago, so we are still working on the process of spreading out the tools to as many salons as we can.
And the best and most reliable way to get one is if your hairdresser asks her/his distributor to supply the H2PRO Presto.

Thank you for your preference.

DAVID G. JUNIOR
H2PRO
Executive Sales Manager
t. 800-896-7728
847-299-9900
f. 847-296-3555
c. 224-766-1776
e. [email protected]
w. www.h2probeautylife.com

Well, problem is, no hairstylist I know of has even heard of this iron. So I wrote Mr. Junior back and asked him if he could refer me to someone. He promptly did and that supplier did not have them either and was not planning on ordering it.

So.... I need an iron pronto and might just have to get the FHI Runway whenever it comes back out. Does anyone know of anyone selling this iron?

Lucky's Mom

It looks like these manufacturers dont want this stuff in our hands..... They know that we don't need the stylist after that......

brownbean96

I can pm I the I to for the guy I spoke to. He was actually willing to sell me the new -salon only -presto. He said that he wasn't supposed to but he would. Let me know.
I just wish I could try it. It's almost a $200 difference between the H2Pro Presto and the FHI.

Loliz

I can pm I the I to for the guy I spoke to. He was actually willing to sell me the new -salon only -presto. He said that he wasn't supposed to but he would. Let me know.

Hey that would be good if you could do that. But doesn't it seem kind of strange that they have a product they are selling but don't seem to want to sell it? I would think that if they have a consumer who is interested they would be trying their hardest to make sure that consumer had it. It seems kind of counter-productive IMO.