Growth Aides That Don't Stink...

texasqt

Do these exist?

Needless to say, even after I've added peppermint oil to my WGHO my SO still hates the smell. I can't smell it at all and I only used it when my hair was wet last Friday so ???? Anywho, to keep the peace I'm open for suggestions ;-(

ibelieve

It's funny, I will spend tons of money during a PJ binge on endless yummy smelling conditioners. But one thing I don't have to worry about spending money on is growth aides. I just can not stand the smell of these products. By my own admission, I am VERY sensitive to smell but DANG!!! Can someone please make SOMETHING that doesn't stink to high heaven. Adding things to try to mask the smell just make me more nauseous. I am hopeful to find a suggestion on this post.

Sonya :)

Isis

Well, sulphur almost always stinks or has a strong odor. And sulphur is the main growth aide that really works. The exception is MSM and perhaps this means making ones own growth aide using it.

ak46

Surge Plus 14 doesn't stink...I think it smells pretty good.

Also, I made an MN mix with ORS olive oil cream, some oils, and peppermint and rosemary essential oils and that didn't stink.

Another thing you can try is making an odorless mtg mix and adding essential oils in it to make it smell good.

HTH

HoneyDew

Isis said:
Well, sulphur almost always stinks or has a strong odor. And sulphur is the main growth aide that really works. The exception is MSM and perhaps this means making ones own growth aide using it.

I have been using sulphur powder mixed in shea butter and hemp seed oils and it does not stink at all. But, I only use a little at a time, maybe that's why.

KiniKakes

Miconozale Nitrate really doesnt smell bad. :)

Fyi, despites its name, Wild Growth Oil isnt really a growth aid. More like a basic carrier oil.

HoneyDew

KiniKakes said:

Fyi, despites its name, Wild Growth Oil isnt really a growth aid. More like a basic carrier oil.

Olive Oil U.S.P., Linoleic, Oleic, Palmitic and Stearic Acids, Propanetriol (a natural lipid derivative), Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, Ergosterol (a 'D' vitamin), Choline, Inositol, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorous, Potassium, and Calcium

I always thought these helped with growth. Well, I guess only internally they would help now that I think of it.

Anyway, I actually like the way WGO smells. :)

CAPlush

I am using Pomada de Azufre acne treatment (10% sulfur) to mix with my oils to make my own growth aid. It smells sort of burnt, but not sewer-like like Sulfur 8.

HoneyDew

CAPlush said:
I am using Pomada de Azufre acne treatment (10% sulfur) to mix with my oils to make my own growth aid. It smells sort of burnt, but not sewer-like like Sulfur 8.

Do you find that tobe drying. I have used that for acne and a few days after, the spots where I applied it were VERY dry on my face. :perplexed

lexi08

I have been using Qhemet's Herb & Sulfur Pomade. It has worked to fill in some thin spots around my hair line and the smell is very mild. I am going to start using this pomade all over my scalp.

HoneyDew

nikki1971 said:
I have been using Qhemet's Herb & Sulfur Pomade. It has worked to fill in some thin spots around my hair line and the smell is very mild. I am going to start using this pomade all over my scalp.

I like this one too.

I am on my 3rd day of using my sulfur powder, shea oil and hemp seed oil mixture and my scalp is tingling like crazy!! This might actually work! I really like the mixture and I only use a VERY SMALL amount. I hope it helps me boost things up to get my hair more even. :(

I was using MN at one point and it really boost growth. I just think I like using an oil based growth aid.

CAPlush

HoneyDew said:
Do you find that tobe drying. I have used that for acne and a few days after, the spots where I applied it were VERY dry on my face. :perplexed

No, but it is very diluted in my mixture and I apply SPARINGLY once a week (for the past month.) It has actually kept my scalp pretty healthy.

betty-boo

I have this same problem. I have sulphur mixed with shea butter and my boyfriend hates it! LOL!!! I was thinking about using Turkish Red Oil. It is basically sulphurated castor oil, which is supposed to be a really good growth aid but I don't know whether it smells....Does anyone know about this?

HoneyDew

betty-boo said:
I have this same problem. I have sulphur mixed with shea butter and my boyfriend hates it! LOL!!! I was thinking about using Turkish Red Oil. It is basically sulphurated castor oil, which is supposed to be a really good growth aid but I don't know whether it smells....Does anyone know about this?

I use shea OIL and it is really nice ang the sulphur mixes well. I don't smell anything.

betty-boo

HoneyDew said:
I use shea OIL and it is really nice ang the sulphur mixes well. I don't smell anything.

That's interesting. That might go down better than the butter. Where do you get your oil from? x

texasqt

KiniKakes said:

Hey Kini - if you are still around please explain what you mean by carrier oil?

It may be my imagination but I think its doing something.

HoneyDew

betty-boo said:
That's interesting. That might go down better than the butter. Where do you get your oil from? x

They are out of stock (I wonder why LHCFers! :)) but, I like to buy from:
http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/soap/product.asp?product_id=oilshea.

I also get really nice oils from this ebay seller.
I have purchased from them about 3 or 4 times and never a problem.
http://stores.ebay.com/HORTON-LANE-SUPPLY-COMPANY_W0QQdptZ0QQsclZ0QQtZkm
I actually got my hemp seed oil from them, as well. My current mixture has a little bit of that, too - Sulphur powder, shea oil, and refined hemp seed oil.

Let it sit for a day and it really blends well when you shake it.

Last edited: