Growing up as a kid, What did your Mum use on you?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
This is an old thread but I'm feeling nostalgic. I remember Wella Balsam poo, no conditioner. My mom would then grease my scalp w/ Dax green grease and press my hair. I was tenderheaded and my thick hair broke many combs and brushes. :D Once I hit 8, she discovered Sulfur 8. That stuff made my hair grow so much! She gave up on my natural hair and started relaxing. She would always relax my whole head every 6 weeks and grease my scalp w. Sulfur 8. My hair was always long as a kid despite my mom's relaxing technique. Go figure.:lol:

Recherché.Beauty

Re: Growing up as a kid, What did your Mum use on

My mother did nothing to my hair..I must say. My Dad got me a jheri curl at one point and then my mom put braids in my hair THE SAME DAY, but I got a perm around like 3 or 4 or even 2...but she never did anything special to my hair. I was always walking around school until like 9th grade with crazy hair, But I'm changing that so...yep

glamazon386

I got a relaxer at about 5 or 6. After that, my mother used to take me to the salon with her every week or two weeks. If I had plaits, she'd wash with CON and use Jam and Blue Magic. When I got a little bit older I kept braids in quite a bit though. I remember taking braids out one night and going and getting it rebraided the next day. My mom used to pay this crackhead who lived next door to my grandma $20 to box braid my whole head. She did a good job though. I had a head full of hair though despite the torment. :lol: Nah, actually I think my mom was pretty good with taking care of my hair. Now as I got older and took over.... that's a whole other story. :look:

Candy_C

Anyone remember Blu Magic?? lol i used to use the GREEN version, i remember because i always used to say 2 my momma: "mum, why isit called Blu magic when its green?"

my hair used to be long, and healthy. so i guess grease worked for me then as it does now!

MsCounsel

My mom and I always share hair care secrets and so I've been telling her about this site. We also discussed how jacked up our hair is due to this weather. Anyway, I told her to do the CW's and that I use Coconut oil and MTG (sulfur) and that I'm trying to wean myself off of all the other products. Well of course, she says, "Well, that's what I used to use on your hair to make it grow. Growing up, I had hair almost to my bra strap. NOW SHE TELLS ME!!! Does she know how much money I could have saved from buying all of these products????????? :eek: :mad: :eek: