Growing out your edges under a lace closure ?

Naphy

Hey Ladies,

since my alopecia problems several years ago, I've been struggling with trying to grow out my hair out and especially my edges.

When I started to use weaves as a protective style, I started to notice a tremendous amount of growth, which I was very pleased with. The only problem was the hair left out.... To keep my hairstyle neat, I made the error to flat iron it from time to time. Which ended with me beginning to have some bald spots here and there :badidea:

Anyway, some months ago I discovered the joy of using a lace closure... no more hair left out ! it helped me cutting down on my relaxing and made me stretch more ! BUT the problem is that my edges don't really seem to improve a lot...

So, any advice from some of you using a lace closure to grow out their edges/hair ?
or how do you think it would be possible to use a lace closure to help the hair rest a little and initiate some hair growth :) ?

EDIT : mind that I can reach my hair underneath the closure, it's not glued or smth

Last edited:

FearlessNik

I don't think a closure will be helpful. In the front area you will have the anchor braids that will hold all the tension. For growing edges I suggest a upart wig in kinky texture. That way you won't have to manipulate the hair with heat.

Rozlewis

Naphy, I have not used lace closures but you should heck out ebonycprincess on YouTube she has some create tutorials and gives the best advice. Good luck.