Great ways to mask MTG smell

Mahalialee4

The best for me to date is , a 1.7 fluid ounce of Hempola Cream. I think it is made only in Canada. The cream says that is stimulates and heightens. But it contains hemp oil etc. and has mild patchouli scent. Very mild scent. I took out half of the hard cream and replaced it with MTG. I cannot smell the MTG/ so I am going to use this when I have to do the social things, but I will still have some heavy duty MTG going on in my hair. I let this stuff sit for a couple of hours and still cannot sniff out the MTG and Mahalialee has a very sensitive smeller. lol. I am going to continue to top this baby up and see what I can get away with. You might want to try this. Any other ideas you ladies want to share? Oh the thing I like about this most is that I do not get an overpowering essential oil kitchen sink combo with this. It is so light and yet blocks the MTG> Bonjour ingredients: water, beeswax, sunflower oil,Hempola hempseed oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, apricot kernel oil, wheatgerm oil,steam distilled essential oils, sodium borate, Vitamin E., natural preservatives. Thought I would just print out the ingred. before someone asked. (smile)

Lavender oil and sweet orange oil. Put a little bit in each time you use the MTG, becuase the MTG smell will overpower them after a while, so you need to put in a refresher.

Lavender oil worked well with WGHO too. I had to still cut down the WGHO with olive oil and then add the Lavender oil for the smell to go away.

I guess I should've been clearer... sorry. are you adding 1.7 oz of this stuff to a full bottle of MTG? I was just wondering how much you're diluting the sulfur in the MTG by. that's all.

I made my own mix...using flowers of sulfur...and peppermint oil seems to kill the smell quite effectively.

tryn2growmyhair said:
Lavender oil and sweet orange oil. Put a little bit in each time you use the MTG, becuase the MTG smell will overpower them after a while, so you need to put in a refresher.

Lavender oil worked well with WGHO too. I had to still cut down the WGHO with olive oil and then add the Lavender oil for the smell to go away.

I'm glad you said that. I use peppermint and eucalyptus oil in my MTG. I used the mixture right after I put the oil in it and my hair smelled fresh and pepperminty. I used it again a few days later and my husband told me I smelled like a turkey leg. So, now I know to add the oil each time.

Phoenix said:
I'm glad you said that. I use peppermint and eucalyptus oil in my MTG. I used the mixture right after I put the oil in it and my hair smelled fresh and pepperminty. I used it again a few days later and my husband told me I smelled like a turkey leg. So, now I know to add the oil each time.

:lol: tukey leg! That's funny:lol:

Phoenix said:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
You've JUST made my day....:lol: Men KILL me when they come up with these thing.
I put my hair up on top of my head to let it dry once and my dad said " Hey girl, where are you going with that raccoon on your head?" Dudes KILL ME!!!:grin:

I did a half and half thing, so I still have half the bottle of the Hempola in reserve for the next batch. Bonjour

Back