Grape Seed oil Treatment

Miss*Tress

Does grapeseed oil stay liquid at low temperatures?

I've been using sesame seed oil this winter, but need something that smells a bit less nutty.

Forbidden

I love Grapeseed Oil! Its so cheap and effective and not at all a heavy oil. I bought mine from Trader Joe's for about 3 or 4 dollars (16 oz). I've been neglecting it though. This thread made me break it out and I did a pre-poo with it last night. I have soft and shiny hair this morning! :spinning:

I don't know how many of you have a Meijer in your area, but I found my Grape Seed Oil there right in between the olive oil and the avocado oil. I'm so excited to try it.:grin:

MissMusic

I went to New Leaf in Tallahasse and bought some Organic Grapeseed oil the first time I bought it, then I was in publix buying some EVOO to cook with and noticed publix has most of the same organic brand's of grapeseed oil that the health food store had. So, now I buy from publix only (the organic one is under products in my fotki).

youwillrise

i bought some grapeseed oil tonight

i have some in my hair right now marinating
under a plastic cap
(i heat it up a little before putting it on)

i plan on water rinsing
and then doing a condition rinse

hopefully it'll work out well with this method.

i'll also try it out as a moisture sealer.

edit...i think i'll DC too
only because i loooooove the feeling of freshly DC'd hair.

hahaha

Last edited:

AsTheCurlzTurns

hmm ive always like grapeseed oil because of the smell. i also brought it cause of the detangling properties i heard about.. but i get that small 99 cent tube from the 99 cents store... i need to get a big bottle anyone know where i can find it.

That's the same one I bought too, but I only bought it to put in my MN mixture when I tried it for the first time. But think I'll look for a bigger size next time.

youwillrise

i just rinsed my DC out
after doing all the stuff
i said i would in my post earlier
(grapeseed oil treatment, rinse, condition rinse, deep condition)

i gently towel squeezed most of the water
out of my hair
put a little bit of the same stuff i used for the condition rinse in my hair
and added a bit of grapseed oil to seal

my hair feels soft right now

BUT...

will come back tomorrow to tell you how my hair feels completely dry.

please oh please God of Oils please let my hair like this one...for more than 2 minutes? please?

youwillrise

ok...

i thiiiink i might like this oil?

i'm going to use it a bit more before i
really say.

but my hair (most especially my edges and roots)
is pretty soft.

i'm going to play with this a bit
keep testing it out

youwillrise

more grapeseed oil testing (lol)

i just mixed some heated oil w/ some conditioner
(it's a conditioner mix of tigi moisture maniac, kenra mc and water)
put it on my hair left it on for about 30 minutes
under a plastic cap
and rinsed w/ cold water.

after towel squeezing (gently as always)
i sprayed my hair lightly w/ a bit of plain water
(i know that sounds odd doesnt it...lol i just squeezed the water out and put more in...but just a little)
and added a bit of the grapeseed oil to seal.

right now, in it's not-yet-completely-dry state
it's ridiculously soft.

i'm hoping i'll have the same results dry!
of course i'll return in a while to update

I have some from whole foods by Aura Cacia. There are more in jars? Who makes it?

I love grapeseed oil...I use it on my hair and my face, it's done wonders for both. Jojoba too.

I like grapeseed oil because it's so light...and coconut oil did nothing for me at all!

I buy mine at whole foods, they have it in smaller jars by the avocado oil, shea butter and other natural oils.

Last edited:

silkii_locks

I went to New Leaf in Tallahasse and bought some Organic Grapeseed oil the first time I bought it, then I was in publix buying some EVOO to cook with and noticed publix has most of the same organic brand's of grapeseed oil that the health food store had. So, now I buy from publix only (the organic one is under products in my fotki).
Hey MCrzyGr, I'm in Tally-Ho too! I got mine from the Albertson's in Killearn though.