Got my hair braided......the braiders attituded sucked

sheba125

I got my hair in my usual cornrows, however I decided to try a different African braiding shop. For the last 5 years I've gone to the same shop, however they were crowded and I am pressed for time, so I tried a new shop. The braids came out nice, but her attitude sucked. I explained to her several times "not to braid my hair to tight, especially the front hair line. She listened for the first couple of braids, but then I guess she went back to her regular routine. So when I complained, she caught an attitude. Then after she finished she wanted to put mousse on my hair, I told her no thank you and she proceeded to tell me that it helps keep the hair from getting frizzy, etc........I said it has too much alcohol and it dries my hair and makes my scalp itch!.....she rolled her eyes at that. Needless to say I won't be back and she didn't get a tip!

Pics below.....sorry for the web cam quality, my cousing has my digital camera...

Last edited:

Harina

omg, something like this happened to me when i got my twists. i literally had to get up and excuse myself to go to the bathroom so i could cry and have a moment for myself. she was being so mean. i wanted to leave, but my hair was half braided. so what was a girl to do. she did do a damn good job, i'll give her that.

sheba125

aloha_bef said:
omg, something like this happened to me when i got my twists. i literally had to get up and excuse myself to go to the bathroom so i could cry and have a moment for myself. she was being so mean. i wanted to leave, but my hair was half braided. so what was a girl to do. she did do a damn good job, i'll give her that.

Ok I thought is was just me........I hate to say it but some of these braiders seem to have attitude problems. She also told me that "I was just tender headed".......I said no you are braiding too tight!:mad:

ladybug71

She did a nice job, however, the fact that she caught attitude doesn't make the experience of getting your hair done a pleasant one. I have seen my share of bad stylists and they chose to go the unprofessional route instead of trying to please the customer. :rolleyes:

Angelicus

Your hair is pretty but I am sorry that you had to go through that. Hope you don't have to go through that anymore!

prettyinpurple

sheba125 said:
Ok I thought is was just me........I hate to say it but some of these braiders seem to have attitude problems. She also told me that "I was just tender headed".......I said no you are braiding too tight!:mad:

See this is why I'm all for folks having some type of professional license to braid hair (as some states are trying to do). They may not need the full blown-out schooling that a normal stylist goes through but they need some kind of standards to go by, #1 being how to do nice braids WITHOUT them being tight and killing folks' hair.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
It looks lovely. I guess some braiders feel like they can treat people anyway they want 'cause people gonna need them to do their hair.:ohwell: That is why I am trying to learn how to do my own hair.

shunta

Africans are known to braid super-tight. One braided my hair a few years back and it was so tight that after three days I took those bad boys out. But your braids look really cute, though.:)

HoneyDew

I was at the braid shop once and saw them do that to someone. I wish she would have spoken up because her cornrows were so tight it looked like her head was going to be hurting so bad later. She just let them do it. They need to realize they cannot make money doing this to people.

sheba125

thank you ladies, I think they look great too!........I just wasn't feeling her attitude and had to share the experience. She was making faces and rolling her eyes so much I thought she was having a seizure!:lachen: she didn't realize I could see her expressions in the mirror:ohwell:

preciousjewel76

sheba125 said:
thank you ladies, I think they look great too!........I just wasn't feeling her attitude and had to share the experience. She was making faces and rolling her eyes so much I thought she was having a seizure!:lachen: she didn't realize I could see her expressions in the mirror:ohwell:

Hee hee, now that's a shame! :lol:

RosesBlack

You're hair looks really nice. I'm sorry the braider had an attitude though. The last time I went to a shop to have my hair braided I had about the same kind of experience. That was the last tme I went.

sheba125

thank you all for the compliments......I am spraying these suckers good tonight and oiling them with WGO

rdm

Yep, your cornrows are super cute!!!! Too bad her atitude was super ugly. That is all right, her attitude will affect her business. Then, she will learn to be nice.

zailless

They will never get my money again for sure. I was a bunny hopper up by harlem going from place to place. The last time I argued with the hairdresser for doing my hair too tight. they changed the lady to another one and another one before i threatened them to leave. regardless, i still woke up the next morning with caked up blood between the rows to the front. If you have 100 braiding salons, 1 will be a good one. For ladies in nyc if you ever need a good braiding salon go to nj salon in irvington. the name is amina. the place is relaxing. and you can converse with them. nice christian atmosphere. I have given up on braiding but i remember they were one of the good ones I visited. they are not aggressive and if you are uncomfortable, the owner will take notice and try to please.

CAPlush

HoneyDew said:
I was at the braid shop once and saw them do that to someone. I wish she would have spoken up because her cornrows were so tight it looked like her head was going to be hurting so bad later. She just let them do it. They need to realize they cannot make money doing this to people.

This is the reason I will NEVER get braids ever again. They are so beautiful, but once a senegalese lady braided my hair so tight that my scalp bled. It was ridiculous. Your scalp and hair follicles cannot recover easily from that type of damage.