Good texturizers for Virgin Natural hair

Country gal

One of my co-workers has a daughter who she wants to texlax her hair. She tried texlaxing it with Phyto but it basically laughed at her hair. It didn't take and it was on for maybe less than 10 minutes. It has been 3 weeks and she wants to attempt getting another texturizer added in. Her daughter is probably a 4a/4b with very thick hair. Any suggestions on a good product to texlax? I was thinking of suggesting a good relaxer like Milani and just telling her to leave it in longer than 10 minutes.

naturalgurl

I hear using relaxers to texlax was a no no. They say you end up with some areas bone straight while other areas take really well. Here's a bump for more replies...

2sweetnsugarland

I use Soft and Beautiful texturizer for sensitive scalps on my hair and it works just fine. I have super thick hair and other products just laugh when I tried to use them. Tell your co-worker to wait another 3 weeks before adding anything else to her hair. Hope this helps! Smooches!

Penspringz

I would recommend Arosci. I use that to texturise my dense but slightly fine hair. You can do a searh on google. I'm not sure what the availability is like in the US though. If not there's always phyto.

2sweetnsugarland

They probably do but I found that the Soft and Beautiful works best for me. My hair is never straight it's curly from root to tip. When she gets ready to apply another texturizer make sure that she protects her ends by putting that protective cream on the ends of her hair, it comes in the box. After I texturize, wash and condition I use Proclaim glossing serum [at Sally's beauty supply] and I use Paul Mitchell foaming pommade too. Every morning I condition wash my hair with Pantene conditioner. I have little to no breakage and it's really growing good. I've been growing my hair out for 6 months and it is on my neck now!!! Just follow the directions and everything will work out fine.

cecilie

Just for me texture softener . She musn't leave it more than it says in recomendations because it works very well...

Nonpareil

I still recommend S-Curl, Regular Strength, 15 oz. blue jar/not the kit (it's not a curl product, it's a very mild lye texturizer). The results are consistent - works perfectly every time and no worries about straight pieces. You don't have to work super fast to apply it, and it doesn't burn either.

I've used it for texturizing, but now that my hair is longer, I'm opting to go somewhere between texturized and texlaxed. I just gave myself a touch-up a little over a week ago - will post Fotki pics soon.

On my first go'round with texturizing back in '04 I used Arosci mild and had great results. Phyto I ruined it for me and left my hair bone straight.

Last edited: