Good conditioner for dyed natural hair????

stephluvshair

Hi ladies.. Quick question. Can anyone offer some shampoo (non sulfate) and deep conditioner (moisturizing) recommendations for colore treated/dyed natural 4a/3c hair. My is extremely dry after dyeing with Bigen black. Thank you.

westNDNbeauty

Before dying your hair, was there a conditioner that REALLY moisturized your hair? I would try that if I were you. The conditioners and shampoos that are geared towards color treated hair have an additional boost of moisture to prevent breakage. But if you already have a conditioner in your arsenal that is uber moisturizing, that is all you need.

stephluvshair

Yes... I was heavy on the protein before i asked for you ladies help ... I have decided to cut back for the next four wks because my hair was feelin like straw.... I just need a couple of moisturizing conditioner suggestions

westNDNbeauty

I really think one may be looking for that magical product but honestly there is none. I know this. My hair was bleached blond for a year +.

You may already have that product in your cabinet. If you don't then I suspect you generally havent found that product that worked when your hair was untreated.

Color treatment shampoos and conditioners typically contain additional lubricants (olive, jojoba, coconut oils etc.) which you can add yourself.

Good luck.

APrayer4Hair

I am a color treated natural and I get the best results by:

Only co washing; I have found that even sls free shampoos are drying

Cowashing with rich conditioners such as: Giovanni SAS, PM the detangler, Aussie 3MM, aubrey GPB

LOC method to moisturize: KCKT leave in, teeny bit of grapeseed oil, then PM the conditioner

lana

Bigen made my bangs look like Z shaped french fries. I had to wait until that stuff grew out and then cut it. It has a "texturizing" affect on hair.

I would suggest never using Bigen to dye hair.

For suggested conditioners? Keracare Humecto is very moisturizing and Mizani Moisturefuse. I would suggest using them with heat or sleeping with them in overnight. I really hope this helps. Dry hair is not fun and it leads to breakage. I went through it, so I understand. My bangs were stunted for about a year until I figured out it was the Bigen.

thickness

lana gennatay what black hair color do you use? I have tried a few rinses but they never fully cover like Bigen. The Bigen can be very drying, but it covers gray beautifully.

lamaria211

Wen or Hair One for cleansing
Good conditioners
Kera Minerals DC
Silk Elements Megasilk treatment
Aubrey Organics HSR, WC
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Cream
Silicon Mix
Darcys Pumpkin condish
Crece Pelo
ORS Replenishing oak
Aussie 3 minute deeep condish are all great
Oh you said dyed I thought you said dry.

lana

@lana @gennatay what black hair color do you use? I have tried a few rinses but they never fully cover like Bigen. The Bigen can be very drying, but it covers gray beautifully.

gennatay - Hi, I use Wella developer and Wella Black semi-permanent rinse. It works for like 2 weeks honestly and then I use a cover stick for the grays until I can repeat the process.

If there is a better solution, let me know. I'm too young to have gray in my bangs. (lol)

faithVA

I colored my hair last night with ION 20 base and ION medium brown demi-permanent. It covered the grays nicely. I use AO Blue Chamomile as my conditioner. My hair feels much softer.

Right now I am sitting with a mix of Avocado & honey. First time trying it. Will see how it works. Doubt if I repeat because I hate the mixing process.

gennatay

lana

I stopped using the semi permanent because I co-wash too often. You can use Henna/Indigo mix if you don't want to use permanent color. But I found that process to long and tedious (and messy)

gennatay - Hi, I use Wella developer and Wella Black semi-permanent rinse. It works for like 2 weeks honestly and then I use a cover stick for the grays until I can repeat the process.

If there is a better solution, let me know. I'm too young to have gray in my bangs. (lol)