GOING TO NEW YORK CITY, Which BBS should I hit?

mezzogirl

Hi all you New York City folks.
I'm so excited to be going to NYC this week-end. :yay: Where are the best wig shops and BBS's. I'm visiting a friend in Upper Manhattan but I'll take a train to get good beauty supplies. Also does anyone there sell maxiglides?

Bumping for ya! You might try PMing Empressri...I know shes in NYC and is a PJ so she might have some good tips.

Darn it! How could I miss this I am going back home to NYC April 4-10, 2009. You are reading my mind. I am hitting up Jamaica Ave in Queens to the Beauty Supply shops for Alter Ego! =) and Alter Ego Only. I am on a mission for that stuff!

Also Bumping for you.

Darn it! How could I miss this I am going back home to NYC April 4-10, 2009. You are reading my mind. I am hitting up Jamaica Ave in Queens to the Beauty Supply shops for Alter Ego! =) and Alter Ego Only. I am on a mission for that stuff!

Also Bumping for you.

Thanks, I'm sure the train goes to Queens. Now I'm even more excited.

Upper Manhattan to the Jamaica Avenue area is a loooong subway ride, especially on the weekend. Hopefully other people will chime in with suggestions that won't eat up half of your day. :)

Right across the street from Penn Station-- 34th (maybe 33rd?) and 7th ave has a good one (I think its named Wigs Plus)

There is a good one in Brooklyn in the Fulton Mall area, it has a lot of Dominican products in bulk..

^^^ I'm cosigning with cutiebe2. Good thing my friend was there or I would have lost my mind :look:

There are a ton of big beauty supply stores in downtown brooklyn (fulton street mall)

In manhattan, you can try Beauty35 (35th st and 8th ave I believe) which has pretty much if not EVERYTHING...and Eve Beauty which is in Soho on Broadway

Trains to Beauty35-- A,C,E to 34th st which is closest to the store, or the 1, 2, 3, N, Q, R, W, F, V, B or D but you'd have to walk a few blocks.

For Eve Beauty-- N, R, W, 6, J or M trains to Canal and walk to Broadway and up.

HTH!

Also try I think 19th or 20th st and 5th ave in manhattan...there's beauty supply store right beside the sephora there. Annnnd, of course, there are Ricky's stores everywhere. =]

^^^ co-signing on Ricky's. They have a lot of stuff that you usually have to buy online (Kinky-Curly, Miss Jessies)

Back