Going to get a long-layered haircut tommorroww!!!

hot_pepper96

Now I'm hoping that they will actually be able to give me what I ask for. The last time my hair was at brastrap (2005) and they cut my hair to a little above armpit length. I'm going to the Erwin Gomez Salon in D.C. They are pricey but I hope it will turn out okay.

Granted I know that my ends are thin and splitting (Breakage at the nape & thinning edges as well), so I know my hair will probably be no longer past brastrap but I don't expect them to cut ALL my hair off.

Tonight I will take pics of my hair now and I'll take pics of my new haircut.

WISH ME LUCK GUYS!

I definitely wish you luck, since I just went through this. I got "long" layers cut in earlier this month that took me from BSL up to just below SL.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU! :grin:

I got long layers last December that I'm still trying to grow out. I'm thinking about cutting the longest link in the back to make it even again. I hope you like your new haircut!

Good news guys!!! My layered haircut turned out so wonderful!!!

For once I had a stylist who listened and asked questions about my hair. She showed me exactly how much she was cutting off and she cut my hair in front of the mirror (all the while explaining what she was doing). She also gave me a mirror so that I could see the the layers and length in the back.

She washed my hair first w/Kerastase Bain Oleo Relax about 2 or 3 times...really working the scalp and massaging the scalp. She then used Kerastase Oleo Relax Masque and then the Kerastase Aqua Oleum Treatment (this comes in glass vial and it's massaged in the hair and then rinsed out). My hair was covered w/a hot towel and left on for 7 mins (She worked it through my hair and my scalp for 5 mins prior).

One thing I did notice is that although my hair was soft after towel drying (which I don't normally do--I just gently squeeze the water out with the towel) my hair had vicious tangles. I don't get tangles like that from my Humecto.

My stylist did comb through the tangles carefully, but I know I don't have the patience. She then used Phytospecific Integral Hair Care leave in spray, Kerastase Nutri-Sculpt Nacre (like a moisturzing wax), and Kerastase Nutri-Sculpt Serum and rollerset. I went under the dryer for 35-40 mins and my curls came out shiny and tight. She then combed them out with a paddle brush and there was not one tangle. Then my layers were cut and she ran over each peice with a curling iron and a flat iron for the roots. My hair dropped a little by the time I got home, but it is still sooo soft.

Best part,

She gave me samples to try at home along with what I use and I bought three products from the salon that she suggested. My total salon experience was $248 ($160 for the work done on my hair) I knooow it's pricey...but at least I left with most of my hair and for that I'm happy.

Last edited:
Wow...that sounds like a dream (LOL). I am glad it turned out so great! I want a layered cut after I finish growing some.

Wow! It's great that you found a stylist who did exactly what you asked for, especially since the last time you asked for layers, you lost a lot more length than you intended. I hope to see pictures soon. I'm sure it turned out beautifully and I'm glad you had a pleasant experience :yep:.

Back