Going to BSS store Friday...

You should...

• Get both the two-step and the green tea mist.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • The two-step is enough.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • The green tea mist is enough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other/Neither

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

*Muffin*

My hair has been feeling very brittle lately and I need to up my protein. I was thinking about purchasing the Aphogee two step reconstructor to use as a hard protein treatment every 12 weeks and the Aphogee green tea keratin mist to use every two week as a light protein treatment. What do you ladies suggest?

P.S.
Just a little background on my hair. I'm relaxed and I have medium-fine strands. My hair is very prone to getting imbalanced, either too moisturized or to proteinified (is that a word? :look:).

Last edited:

30something

Aphogee Keratin two minute reconstructor, and/ or Chi Keratin Mist

Aphogee two minute reconstructor has work amazingly for me. Its light enough to use until your hair is back in shape every other week. To me Aphogee green tea keratin mist is to light to even be used as a form of protein treatment.. (still get it tho)

Just a suggestion... bumping for you for the smarter ladies to come in :yep:

*Muffin*

Aphogee Keratin two minute reconstructor, and/ or Chi Keratin Mist

Aphogee two minute reconstructor has work amazingly for me. Its light enough to use until your hair is back in shape every other week. To me Aphogee green tea keratin mist is to light to even be used as a form of protein treatment.. (still get it tho)

Just a suggestion... bumping for you for the smarter ladies to come in :yep:

Thanks for the suggestions. I heard a lot of good things about the chi keratin mist. My hair is very tempermental to protein, so maybe the green tea mist will be just enough for me.

Nayeli

I too have been tempted to get the mist. However, my hair has done very well using only the 2 minute. As of now, it is the ONLY protein DC I'm interested in using. I also use the pro-vitamin leave in every week, which is also protein.

For me, the pro-vitamin is somewhat akin to the green tea, as in not sufficiently a "treatment" so to speak. So I agree with 20something on this - only the two minute is the real "treatment."

Even if your hair is not a huge fan of protein, the 2 minute has a unique way of still leaving the hair incredibly soft.

Last edited:

*Muffin*

I too have been tempted to get the mist. However, my hair has done very well using only the 2 minute. As of now, it is the ONLY protein DC I'm interested in using. I also use the pro-vitamin leave in every week, which is also protein.

For me, the pro-vitamin is somewhat akin to the green tea, as in not sufficiently a "treatment" so to speak. So I agree with 20something on this - only the two minute is the real "treatment."

Even if your hair is not a huge fan of protein, the 2 minute has a unique way of still leaving the hair incredibly soft.

Thank you 20something and Nayeli. I used the Aphogee two minute reconstructor a long time ago, back when it was in the old white bottle. I think I liked it. I'm going to check it out as well. And I've never heard of the aphogee pro-vitamin leave-in. I'm going to look into that one, too.

P.S. Hate to be a pain, but are these the ingredients for the two minute reconstructor? If so, I believe I will buy it. For some reason I thought that the two minute reconstructor had mineral oil in it, which usually leaves my hair feeling weird.

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Behenamidopropylamine Behenatem Stearolkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysac Charides, Sodium Coco Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Last edited:

Nayeli

I checked my bottle and these aren't the ingredients. Glycerin is the second ingredient on the bottle and mineral oil is also in it as the 5th ingredient (never knew this before today lol).

I tried to look on line for the ingredients but they don't match up to my bottle so I suspect that the formula undergoes change.

chebaby

i didnt like the aphogee mist when i was relaxed. it made my hair very hard and crunchy.
i would get the aphogee two minute or ORS replenishing conditioner which is a balance of moisture and protein. my hair loved this when i was relaxed and now that im natural. i have fine hair also.

darlingdiva

I've never used the Aphogee Keratin Mist, but whenever I need an "extra" boost of protein, I apply Aphogee 2-min & sit under the heating cap (on high) for 20 minutes, and I don't use a moisturizing conditioner afterward.

*Muffin*

Thanks for all of your input ladies. I ended up buying the Giovanni Nutrifix reconstructor. They also sell a heavier protein treatment in the smooth as silk like called extreme protein treatment. I'll probably get the heavier treatment for use the week after my relaxer. They also make a protein spray leave-in treatment.

Ms_Twana

Thanks for all of your input ladies. I ended up buying the Giovanni Nutrifix reconstructor. They also sell a heavier protein treatment in the smooth as silk like called extreme protein treatment. I'll probably get the heavier treatment for use the week after my relaxer. They also make a protein spray leave-in treatment.

Make sure you review the Giovanni.

Also, calling Webster to make sure they add proteinified!! :lachen: :lachen:

Honey Bee

Doesn't brittle hair require moisture? (That's a real question, btw, not a passive-aggressive way of disagreeing, lol)

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Doesn't brittle hair require moisture? (That's a real question, btw, not a passive-aggressive way of disagreeing, lol)

I was just about to ask that...I thought brittle hair needs moisture. If it's already....not pliable, then adding more structure would make it worse, I thought.
Anyone wanna school me?