God Shall Not Be Mocked!

Nice & Wavy

"Be not deceived, GOD IS NOT MOCKED; for whatsoever a man soweth, he shall also reap." Galatians 6:7

"Make no mistake about this: You can never make a fool out of God. Whatever you plant is what you'll harvest."God's Word Translation

"Be not tricked; God is not made sport of: for whatever seed a man puts in, that will he get back as grain." Bible in Basic English version

God is not mocked-The Greek verb is, literally, to sneer with the nostrils drawn up in contempt.

God does not suffer Himself to be imposed on by empty words: He will judge according to works, which are seeds sown for eternity of either joy or woe. Excuses for illiberality in God's cause seem valid before men, but are not so before God.

Lately, I am seeing alot of disrespect about God and His Word (Jesus the Christ) on this forum and its not cool. :nono:

My prayer is that it will cease its functions here and that those of us who are seeking to do God's Will in our lives will pray without ceasing and continue to be Watchmen at the gates.

Watch and Pray.

In JESUS NAME, the NAME that is above every name!

AMEN.

carcajada

I read the scriptures, but still have a question: Do you think those who don't believe in God can be punished by Him?

I had the worst professor ever in undergrad. who made fun of the Bible all the time and told his students he knew were Christian that we better not say "G-d created it" during our presentation (he taught molecular biology/ A&P and research classes). I wonder if he will reap the repercussions of something he doesn't even believe in.

Nice & Wavy

Hey Classy,

I'm glad you asked. Those scriptures speak about God being mocked, that a man will reap what he has sown in this life. It's a spiritual law that has been established by God and won't go away from man.

If we sow good seeds in the garden, we will get a harvest of flowers, fruit, veggies..whatever it is that you have sowed with good seeds.

If we sow seeds that are filled with weeds, we will get flowers, fruit, veggies, but they will not be the best ones and won't look appealing/appetizing to the eyes because there will be weeds among them that will choke out the nourishment from them.

So it is when people speak/mock God and His Word. HE said HE shall not be mocked. I can't speak about the professor in your class, but what I can say is this....he is making his own bed, and eventually he will have to lie in it.

I hope that answers your question.

Blessings and its always good to talk to you!

I read the scriptures, but still have a question: Do you think those who don't believe in God can be punished by Him?

I had the worst professor ever in undergrad. who made fun of the Bible all the time and told his students he knew were Christian that we better not say "G-d created it" during our presentation (he taught molecular biology/ A&P and research classes). I wonder if he will reap the repercussions of something he doesn't even believe in.

gradygirl

Thanks for starting this thread. I have been feeling the same way. Even when I was not saved I enough respect for God not to say anything against him. When I was not interested in living for God I did not even go to church because I was up to no good and I was raised you dont play with God and you dont play in Gods house so thats a line i never crossed. Now its like its open season on Christians. Where is the reverence? I guess its just a sign of the times. I dont know:nono:. Its very scary to me. I mean yes he is a loving, kind, and merciful God. He is the same God that destroyed Sodom and Gommorah because of sin. God aint nothing to play with. Its like some people dont believe in Gods wrath.

shalom

NW,

Funny you should post this, just yesterday I was out to lunch with a co-worker and we were talking about this. I wish every preacher and teacher of the word of God could read this. God is not like man that he should be played with.

Nice & Wavy

Thanks for starting this thread. I have been feeling the same way. Even when I was not saved I enough respect for God not to say anything against him. When I was not interested in living for God I did not even go to church because I was up to no good and I was raised you dont play with God and you dont play in Gods house so thats a line i never crossed. Now its like its open season on Christians. Where is the reverence? I guess its just a sign of the times. I dont know:nono:. Its very scary to me. I mean yes he is a loving, kind, and merciful God. He is the same God that destroyed Sodom and Gommorah because of sin. God aint nothing to play with. Its like some people dont believe in Gods wrath.

You are welcome, gradygirl and you are so right....yes indeed:yep:

Nice & Wavy

NW,

Funny you should post this, just yesterday I was out to lunch with a co-worker and we were talking about this. I wish every preacher and teacher of the word of God could read this. God is not like man that he should be played with.

God is speaking to our hearts...we are knitted together in love, the love of the Father.