God marriages and exits

syze6

Marriage is a sacred thing and honorable before God, many believe. The vows state, what God puts together, let no man.....

What happens to those couples, whose marriages are not bought together by God. I'm speaking of those in which, maybe the mates chose each other according to theri heart and not God's will for them. The ones where the man isn't walking 100% or he woman. The ones in which the woman didn't wait to hear God and married according to her will? I think about the part of the vows that demands those put together by God, to hold fast to their marriage. It calls for them to let no outside destroy waht he built. If men (the man and woman, nonsoulmates) brings about marriage, does that apply to them? Do they not have to work and hold fast, because THEY choose their mates? Do they get a pass to divorce? Do they have to even worry about whether to hold fast to the marriage? If God never blessed it, isn't expected to fail any how? Would they even have to Guard their marriage against anything? I have always wondered about marriages that people feel aren't blessed by God.

Last edited:

Highly Favored8

Marriage is a sacred thing and honorable before God, many believe. The vows state, what God puts together, let no man.....

What happens to those couples, whose marriages are not bought together by God. The ones in which the woman didn't wait to hear God and married according to her will? I think about the part of the vows that demands those put together by God, to hold fast to their marriage. It calls for them to let no outside destroy waht he built. If men (the man an woman, nonsoulmates) brings about marriage, does that apply to them? Do they not have to work and hold fast, because THEY choose their mates? Do they get a pass to divorce? I have always wondered about marriages that people feel aren't blessed by God.

This is a good question I am waiting to see some responses!:yep:

Ramya

I was thinking about this as well. B/c if it's already outside of God's will then the consequences will surely follow. Could divorce be just another consequence?

What happens to those couples, whose marriages are not bought together by God. The ones in which the woman didn't wait to hear God and married according to her will? I think about the part of the vows that demands those put together by God, to hold fast to their marriage. It calls for them to let no outside destroy waht he built. If men (the man an woman, nonsoulmates) brings about marriage, does that apply to them? Do they not have to work and hold fast, because THEY choose their mates? Do they get a pass to divorce? I have always wondered about marriages that people feel aren't blessed by God.

I believe if you take your vows before God, then God honors it. We do a lot of stuff that isn't in God's will... but if you enter a marriage you're suppose to do what's listed in Ephesians 5.

I think some people say "We weren't put together by God" when things aren't going well. :perplexed

Another thought, how would you know if the marriage wasn't in God's will? I mean some situations are obvious, but other situations might not be.
Some ideal looking couples end up in divorce and say they weren't put together by God and then on the other hand you have some roughly matched couples overcoming their issues and working through things.

Some couples have great testimonies of one or both of them coming to Christ after marriage and have a great marriage. If one or both in the marriage wants to give up, how would they know if God's will was to make things right between the two? If they both read and obey Ephesians 5 then I'm pretty sure God would be pleased.

Ramya

I believe if you take your vows before God, then God honors it. We do a lot of stuff that isn't in God's will... but if you enter a marriage you're suppose to do what's listed in Ephesians 5.

I think some people say "We weren't put together by God" when things aren't going well. :perplexed

Really :perplexed? Then would it be fair to say that we can create our own will and expect God to bless it? My line of thinking is that for it to not be in God's will then there must be a reason. (possibly even outside of what we see) I guess I'm confused as to what would happen when one finally acknowledges acting outside of God's will... are they supposed to stay or find out what God's will is for them? I hope I'm making sense.

cocoberry10

I agree with this. I believe that God will bless any marriage, b/c I believe marriage is God's will.

HOWEVER, I think that people who follow their own will, will definitely go through the VALLEY:yep: But then again, it seems like even Christian God-fearing couples will have their trials. Remember, whether we believe or not, WE ARE STILL His children and HE LOVES US AND WANTS TO BLESS US, B/C HE CAN!:yep:

The God I serve parted the Red Sea, spoke to Moses through a burning bush, and gave His only begotten Son. Surely, God can turn our mess into a miracle. But, the parties in the marriage also have to participate in allowing this to happen. If they are unwilling, God's blessings will not overflow in their marriage, but only b/c He can't enter it. As long as we allow God into our lives, He can make our crooked paths straight!

1 Corinthians 7:12-16
12To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
15But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. 16How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

I agree with this. I believe that God will bless any marriage, b/c I believe marriage is God's will.

HOWEVER, I think that people who follow their own will, will definitely go through the VALLEY:yep: But then again, it seems like even Christian God-fearing couples will have their trials. Remember, whether we believe or not, WE ARE STILL His children and HE LOVES US AND WANTS TO BLESS US, B/C HE CAN!:yep:

The God I serve parted the Red Sea, spoke to Moses through a burning bush, and gave His only begotten Son. Surely, God can turn our mess into a miracle. But, the parties in the marriage also have to participate in allowing this to happen. If they are unwilling, God's blessings will not overflow in their marriage, but only b/c He can't enter it. As long as we allow God into our lives, He can make our crooked paths straight!

1 Corinthians 7:12-16
12To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
15But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. 16How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

I agree! With the bolded, we might follow our own free will, but it is possible for the Lord to bless us within that marriage. We might have to go through some trials/valley though, as you said.

God wouldn't have us divorce just because it wasn't His will for us in the first place. That makes even more of a mess... Just make it right by being a Godly husband and wife from here on out.

Thanks for posting the above scriptures. I was going to, but I was taking a little break at work and couldn't take much time posting.

Really :perplexed? Then would it be fair to say that we can create our own will and expect God to bless it? My line of thinking is that for it to not be in God's will then there must be a reason. (possibly even outside of what we see) I guess I'm confused as to what would happen when one finally acknowledges acting outside of God's will... are they supposed to stay or find out what God's will is for them? I hope I'm making sense.

God blesses marriages that honor Him. If a couple sticks it out (or if one of them sticks it out and prays) He can and will turn it around.

If someone says their marriage wasn't in God's will (most likely brought up because of their spouse's bad acts and/or unbelief) they can take that thought and turn it around to pray for their spouse. Pray that they'll become an Ephesians 5 couple. Not plan for a divorce.

I don't think marriages that didn't start in God's will are predestined to fail.

Otherwise the divorce rate would be even higher because God would cause all kind of things to happen to reposition people with other mates. He doesn't work like that. You get married and that's it. You're locked in. Lol.

It's about what you do after you know the truth about God's will for married couples, regardless of if your spouse was the ideal person God may have had set aside for you. Even still he knew who you were going to marry (His will or yours) before you were born. It's about what you do after you're in the marriage that counts from there on out.

cocoberry10

God blesses marriages that honor Him. If a couple sticks it out (or if one of them sticks it out and prays) He can and will turn it around.

If someone says their marriage wasn't in God's will (most likely brought up because of their spouse's bad acts and/or unbelief) they can take that thought and turn it around to pray for their spouse. Pray that they'll become an Ephesians 5 couple. Not plan for a divorce.

I don't think marriages that didn't start in God's will are predestined to fail.

Otherwise the divorce rate would be even higher because God would cause all kind of things to happen to reposition people with other mates. He doesn't work like that. You get married and that's it. You're locked in. Lol.

It's about what you do after you know the truth about God's will for married couples, regardless of if your spouse was the ideal person God may have had set aside for you. Even still he knew who you were going to marry (His will or yours) before you were born. It's about what you do after you're in the marriage that counts from there on out.

Preach!!!!!!!!!! I agree 100% with this post! I think that I appreciate this post so much b/c I truly believe God is fighting for ALL His children, even though he knows he won't win them all, He is fighting! And He wants to love us and for us to love and trust Him!

Aviah

What happens to those couples, whose marriages are not bought together by God. I'm speaking of those in which, maybe the mates chose each other according to theri heart and not God's will for them. The ones where the man isn't walking 100% or he woman. The ones in which the woman didn't wait to hear God and married according to her will? I think about the part of the vows that demands those put together by God, to hold fast to their marriage. It calls for them to let no outside destroy waht he built. If men (the man and woman, nonsoulmates) brings about marriage, does that apply to them? Do they not have to work and hold fast, because THEY choose their mates? Do they get a pass to divorce? Do they have to even worry about whether to hold fast to the marriage? If God never blessed it, isn't expected to fail any how? Would they even have to Guard their marriage against anything? I have always wondered about marriages that people feel aren't blessed by God.

Matthew 16:19 (New King James Version)

19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed[a] in heaven.”

Jesus gave US the keys to the Kingdom. He also gave us free will, I really don't think God tells us who to marry, but I do believe he can guide us to make wise choices. At the same time, its about what WE bind together on earth God then binds together in heaven. So yes, as aforementioned in Corinthians, stick it out...