Goal lengths by Inches ***I think this will help us all out***

HeChangedMyName

Since we all know that different people may have a different length in inches to reach a goal, lets do this. How about post your height(because that makes some difference too) and the length in inches to each goal. I'll go first and follow with pics of where my hair is right now. Keep in mind that the average rate of hair growth is 1/2 inch per month.

I'm 5'8.5" tall

NL :11-12 inches
CBL:17-18 inches
APL:22-23 inches
BSL:27-28 inches
WL :33-34 inches

My layer behind my ear is 7-8 inches long

My layer fromt he top is 8-9 inches long

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I started a similar thread here.

But, for the record, here are my measurements from my hairline. I also have from crown measurements in my post in that thread.

el=n/a
nl=n/a
sl=16"
apl=21"
bsl=24"
mbl=25"
wl=28"
hl=30"
tbl=34"

I'm 5'8" and my current length is approx 27".

Last edited:

Ijanei

just curious how u guys are measuring...from the front to the back, or just front down or is it from the crown on down the back? (do I make sense?)

HeChangedMyName

I measure my nape, root to tip. I'm about 6-8 inches away (MBL).

Measuring from my nape 12" is apl, hairline 12" is nl. I'm also 5'8.5".

See, this is a great example of how height can effect length to goal. nappystorm, are you short?

ms.blue, I just measured my nape and it is 6.5 inches and I need another four or so inches to be APL back there. I think. I don't have anyone to look back there for me so I'm just sort of feeling around. lol

nappystorm

No I'm average height, 5'5. I'm almost APL. BSB (I don't do the BSL because my che-che's are huge and my bra straps are about 3 inches) is about 3 or so inches from APL and MBL for me is about 6-8 inches from APL.

HeChangedMyName

No I'm average height, 5'5. I'm almost APL. BSB (I don't do the BSL because my che-che's are huge and my bra straps are about 3 inches) is about 3 or so inches from APL and MBL for me is about 6-8 inches from APL.

I feel like such a bad hair boardee, but I have no idea what BSB is. Everytime I see it I feel all slow. lol

EllePixie

I measured from my ear b/c it was the easiest to be accurate for me...lol. Growing my hair to BSL/BSB is around 14 inches...I'm 5'4". My goal length is 28 inches because I'm taking shrinkage into account and I want to be BSL curly...which may never happen if my hair keeps shrinking more and more as it get longer. :(

B3e

Milestones (from nape)
SL = 4"
APL = 8"
BSL = 11"
MBL = 13"
WL = 17"
HL = 19"

Current: 5.5"
Height: 5'2

SL to APL is taking it's time forreal...