Getting Micros

Nessa

Hey Yall,

NO time no talk. Well I have been all about school. Working hard. I got a progress report and I have all A's and one B. But it is all good. Anyqaze, I am getting micro braids soon, and this one braider is gonna do it for me 8 to nine hours. I don't know if I can wait that long. But I am going to do all my homework before that. And I may get it during the weekends. Alot of people are gettin micros, not that I want to copy them, but I have been waitin to get this for 2 years. I want the length to bra strap though. I wanna grow my hair, I have had two many braid styles, though. Any advice??? Anything I should do??? Do i need braid spray?

Sincerely,

Nessa

kenyana

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Yall,

NO time no talk. Well I have been all about school. Working hard. I got a progress report and I have all A's and one B. But it is all good. Anyqaze, I am getting micro braids soon, and this one braider is gonna do it for me 8 to nine hours. I don't know if I can wait that long. But I am going to do all my homework before that. And I may get it during the weekends. Alot of people are gettin micros, not that I want to copy them, but I have been waitin to get this for 2 years. I want the length to bra strap though. I wanna grow my hair, I have had two many braid styles, though. Any advice??? Anything I should do??? Do i need braid spray?

Sincerely,

Nessa

[/ QUOTE ]

All As and a B!!!! Way to go nessa!!!! Congratulations!!!

I have never had micros done but I'm sure you'll get good advice up here shortly...

mermaid

You know, it's funny- I have never done anything to prepare my hair for braiding other than a good shampoo and condition, nothing too heavy or greasy or my head would be itching like crazy pretty quickly. I never could see the point of relaxing hair before braiding- it seemed like wasting money plus the smooth hair shaft doesn't hold the braid as secure as a kinky/curly one, and trimming didn't work because the blunt end of the hair makes it stick out of the braid more.
I'd suggest just talking to someone whose braids you really like, and asking how or if she did any kind of prep.