Getting Length But no BODY

trinidarkie1

Hey ladies!
I just completed a 12 week post relaxer stretch with a touch up just a few hours ago.
I've gotten new lengths since I cut in march 2004 to March 2006, I've pretty much grown a new head of hair. However, I'm not getting any body at all.

Now my perception of body might be a tad bit off in comparison to others.
I can feel and see my scalp when my hair is wet, that really bothers me. When my hair is dry it just feels so fine, thin. I want to have well moisturised hair that feels full.
I MTG, Surge, Clarify, contol porosity, DC, the full works.

What products, or change in regimen would you suggest to help promote more thickness AND growth in my hair journey.

Arcadian

trinidarkie1 said:
Hey ladies!
I just completed a 12 week post relaxer stretch with a touch up just a few hours ago.
I've gotten new lengths since I cut in march 2004 to March 2006, I've pretty much grown a new head of hair. However, I'm not getting any body at all.

Now my perception of body might be a tad bit off in comparison to others.
I can feel and see my scalp when my hair is wet, that really bothers me. When my hair is dry it just feels so fine, thin. I want to have well moisturised hair that feels full.
I MTG, Surge, Clarify, contol porosity, DC, the full works.

What products, or change in regimen would you suggest to help promote more thickness AND growth in my hair journey.

You may have just left the relaxer on too long. That can sometimes attibute to "thin hair". If you just got your relaxer, give yourself and your hair a few day to adjust. Sometimes thats all it really needs.

I see my scalp when its wet, sometimes when its dry if I part my hair, so I don't worry unless I see its breaking or coming out.

Hair grows in some crazy stages at times. Your next growth stage may well be just be for thickness:)

I think a few days will tell you if you need to change your regimine or not.

-A

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
A roller wrap would fix this. If the stylist does it right, you will look at yourself in every mirror you pass because you won't be able to help but think of how cute you are!

trinidarkie1

Thanks ladies. I dried my hair and I realised that it's getting a lot fuller than I thought :D
I guess I'm just so antsy, and cautious. I dont wanna miss a beat now and pay for it later on.

Mystic

Trini - have you ever tried Canela Cinnamon Intensive Consitioner Cream. It is a Dominican product and I used it today. My hair has an unbelievable amount of body and the texture is just awesome. If you ever get the opportunity to use it, give it a try. The label said that it will leaves your hair full of body and it ain't no lie!!

HoneyDew

Are you still on the weave challenge?

I noticed that it took about a month out of weaves before my hair really got more body and life.

I don't know if it was because I was DC twice a week or that it just needed time to move, but it really got more body after a month w/o wearing a weave.

Angelicus

I wouldn't wrap my hair at all. Some other things that could contribute could be leaving the relaxer in too long, weaves, wigs (without the use of a stocking/wig cap), or even My-hair-seems-thin-but-it-really-isn't syndrome.