BODY OVER LENGTH

pr3tty

HELLO LADIES....
IM NEW TO THIS SITE AND ALSO HAIR CARE ALL TOGETHER.
CURRENTLY MY HAIR IS VERY THIN WHICH IT HAS BEEN FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER.
IF ANY ONE HAS ANYTHING THEY THINK MIGHT HELP TO GIVE ME A LIL BODY/THICKNESS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
ANYTHING THAT HELPED IN THE PAST FOR YOU PLEASE SHARE... THANX

Hi Pr3tty,

Do you take any vitamins/supplements? Are you natural or relaxed? Also, what is your hair regimen like on a weekly basis?

Hi Pr3tty,

Do you take any vitamins/supplements? Are you natural or relaxed? Also, what is your hair regimen like on a weekly basis?

Thanks for replying..
I dont take anything and Im relaxed. I use to relax every 4 weeks, I now know thats bad so its been 4 weeks since I last relaxed and Im trying to wait longer. I jus bought keracare products and im gonna wash and dc every week. I really havent been taking care of my hair at all still I have lenght with no body

Welcome Pr3tty! :wave:

Well, you're on the right track with stretching your relaxers. That's one of the main things you can do for thickness. Check out the Relaxers Support Thread for tips, help and encouragement. Also try castor oil. Rub it on your scalp, and put a little on your ends after you moisturize. Some people here use a biotin shampoo and conditioner, but I don't remember the brand. I have to do a search and get back to you on that. There are others who co-wash to gain thickness. Vitamins also help, a lot of members have had success taking biotin and B5

Remember: Consistancy is key with haircare. Be patient and keep it simple :yep:

Last edited:
Welcome Pr3tty! :wave:

Well, you're on the right track with stretching your relaxers. That's one of the main things you can do for thickness. Also try castor oil. Rub it on your scalp, and put a little on your ends after you moisturize. Some people here use a biotin shampoo and conditioner, but I don't remember the brand. I have to do a search and get back to you on that. There are others who co-wash to gain thickness.

Remember: Consistancy is key with haircare. Be patient and keep it simple :yep:

Thanx.. I was thinking about co-washing but I was wondering if it wouldnt be too much for my weak thin hair and wouldnt it dry it out? I heard of biotin the pills but that it gives pimples and castor oil where would I find it and do I mix it or use it straight? Is is hair castor oil or castor oil period?

IA with Tiffers, it seems like you're on to a good start with stretching and building a regimen. Just be patient and remember to moisturize your hair/ends and keep them protected. What sort of styles do you wear and how often do you use heat? You may want to try protective styling and using very minimal heat :yep:

IA with Tiffers, it seems like you're on to a good start with stretching and building a regimen. Just be patient and remember to moisturize your hair/ends and keep them protected. What sort of styles do you wear and how often do you use heat? You may want to try protective styling and using very minimal heat :yep:

Well starting last monday Ive been putting my hair up and not too tight and I flat iron right after I wash and dry and then thats it but i have a lotttt of hair shedding, hair all over my sink but I jus keep telling myself its can only get better

Thanx.. I was thinking about co-washing but I was wondering if it wouldnt be too much for my weak thin hair and wouldnt it dry it out? I heard of biotin the pills but that it gives pimples and castor oil where would I find it and do I mix it or use it straight? Is is hair castor oil or castor oil period?

If you co-wash once a week, it should be fine. But since your hair is thin, you may need to use a conditioner that doesn't have cones in it. Co washing doesn't dry your hair at all, it conditions and moisturizes. It's worth a try, and if your hair acts up after co washing, then you'll know it isn't for you. When I first tried it, I hated it, but I realized I was just using the wrong conditioners. This whole hair thing really is trial and error, and it may take a while to find the right products and the right regimen for your hair.

Me and my dh took biotin and b-complex, and neither one of us had a problem with it. I think you just have to make sure you drink enough water, and you should be fine :yep:

You can use plain ol cheap castor oil from Wal-Mart, I think it's in the laxative section. That's what I used for a while and I loved it. It's one of the only two oils that my hair responds well to.

Oh, and that biotin shampoo and conditoner is by Jason Naturals.
HTH!!!

Last edited:
I have fine thin hair that has gotten thinner in part to thyroid disease. The best thing to do is keep it simple-Less is more. You are on the right track with Keracare products- they really keep the hair detangled and moist. I also vary the routine by using moisture conditioners one week and next week use a protein conditioner -live Aveda DR or Motions CPR to curb breakage. Try to stretch your relaxers to 8 weeks( I am trying myself and it isn't easy-but your hair will benefit by cutting out possible relaxer overlap). Rollerset or airdry when possible. Don't wet wrap because thin hair is thinner when wet. I tried a method the other day that may work : Wash hair detangling in the shower- apply Chi Silk Infusion to wet hair put a silk hair band or silk scarf around your head-leaving the rest of your hair out and let it hair dry. Comb with a wide tooth comb midway through the dry process to keep it straight then use Caruseo steam rollers with a dab of creamy moisturizing leave in, then dry wrap the hair letting it set overnight. Your hair will have lots of body and swing. Also don't wrap your hair every night just tie a silk scarf around your head leaving your hair out in the back- use a silk/satin pillow case if your hair is real long and you don't want it rubbing on cotton pillowcases. You can still spot curl if needed with the steam rollers in the morning.

If you co-wash once a week, it should be fine. But since your hair is thin, you may need to use a conditioner that doesn't have cones in it. Co washing doesn't dry your hair at all, it conditions and moisturizes. It's worth a try, and if your hair acts up after co washing, then you'll know it isn't for you. When I first tried it, I hated it, but I realized I was just using the wrong conditioners. This whole hair thing really is trial and error, and it may take a while to find the right products and the right regimen for your hair.

Me and my dh took biotin and b-complex, and neither one of us had a problem with it. I think you just have to make sure you drink enough water, and you should be fine :yep:

You can use plain ol cheap castor oil from Wal-Mart, I think it's in the laxative section. That's what I used for a while and I loved it. It's one of the only two oils that my hair responds well to.

Oh, and that biotin shampoo and conditoner is by Jason Naturals.
HTH!!!

Im going to try some of those things thanx soo much for the info

I have fine thin hair that has gotten thinner in part to thyroid disease. The best thing to do is keep it simple-Less is more. You are on the right track with Keracare products- they really keep the hair detangled and moist. I also vary the routine by using moisture conditioners one week and next week use a protein conditioner -live Aveda DR or Motions CPR to curb breakage. Try to stretch your relaxers to 8 weeks( I am trying myself and it isn't easy-but your hair will benefit by cutting out possible relaxer overlap). Rollerset or airdry when possible. Don't wet wrap because thin hair is thinner when wet. I tried a method the other day that may work : Wash hair detangling in the shower- apply Chi Silk Infusion to wet hair put a silk hair band or silk scarf around your head-leaving the rest of your hair out and let it hair dry. Comb with a wide tooth comb midway through the dry process to keep it straight then use Caruseo steam rollers with a dab of creamy moisturizing leave in, then dry wrap the hair letting it set overnight. Your hair will have lots of body and swing. Also don't wrap your hair every night just tie a silk scarf around your head leaving your hair out in the back- use a silk/satin pillow case if your hair is real long and you don't want it rubbing on cotton pillowcases. You can still spot curl if needed with the steam rollers in the morning.

Those products sounds great im taking note thanx so much

To gain some thickness, I think you should start airdrying and stop using direct heat. That helped me.

I tried air drying on saturday then my hair was a mess maybe I should have roller set after air drying cause thats when I used the flat iron

Hi Pr3tty, everyone gave you great advice. You may also think about rollersetting instead of blowdrying and flat ironing. To get your roots straight after rollersetting I recommend useing a version of the scarf method by putting your hair in a ponytail and useing a scarf to lay your hair flat.

Hi Pr3tty, everyone gave you great advice. You may also think about rollersetting instead of blowdrying and flat ironing. To get your roots straight after rollersetting I recommend useing a version of the scarf method by putting your hair in a ponytail and useing a scarf to lay your hair flat.

ooo that sounds pretty good.... that might work I will try that this weekend. Thanx

Back