Getting irritated

jazzyfunknastee

I'm looking for someplace that sells Affirm or Mizani relaxers, cheap (less than $30, including shipping). Sheldeez has Affirm for $50 and no Mizani. Way too much for me. I decided to try Ebay. No go. Then I decided to try Elucence's relaxer but you need a license to buy it. *pulls out hair* Can't a sister get a lye perm for her edges?

[ QUOTE ]
ReaLuvsAOxymoron said:
You don't need a license to get Elucence. I've used them before and I'm sure not a hairdresser!

[/ QUOTE ]

ReaLuv is right. I just ordered the Sensitive Scalp Relaxer over the phone a few days ago and I don't have a license. If you call in your order she'll ask you if you're gonna have a stylist put it in--just tell her yes and then she'll let you order it.

Jazzy since you are in nyc you can def get the mizani or dudley's lye from beauty supply stores. In bk I've seen dudley's more and here in the bronx I see Mizani more. Now I've seen Affirm no lye in the store but not lye.

Hey, do you know Jasmin bss on Flatbush? I'm sure they have it behind the register. I'm sure I saw every product you mentioned last night when I was searching for Surge.

[ QUOTE ]
jazzyfunknastee said:
I'm looking for someplace that sells Affirm or Mizani relaxers, cheap (less than $30, including shipping). Sheldeez has Affirm for $50 and no Mizani. Way too much for me. I decided to try Ebay. No go. Then I decided to try Elucence's relaxer but you need a license to buy it. *pulls out hair* Can't a sister get a lye perm for her edges?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jazzy, don't beauticians get discounts? I wonder if you can go through a beautician to get Affirm cheaper. (I would be surprised if they paid the same price we pay.)

You must be reading my mind cause I was wondering this same thing. It's coming up on touchup time for me, and I think I'm gonna have my friend help me do it at home. I want to use Mizani, since that's what I've always had and it does well, but it seems that unless you're in a salon, you can't get it.
mad.gif
I live in Brooklyn, but go to school Uptown, so if you know of any other BSS in the area that for sure have it, I'd love to know.

Just found a place that has Mizani lye
clap.gif
and also Dudleys. I saw Affirm too, but wasn't sure if it was lye or no lye b/c it was in a smaller tub and I didn't have the clerk take it out since I was mainly interested in the Mizani. The big tub of Mizani was about $35. The place is called One Stop Beauty Supply in Brooklyn. It's on Nostrand near Atlantic. If you're coming from Fulton, it's on the right side of the street before you hit Atlantic.

Oh, they also have smaller/mid-size tubs of the Mizani lye relaxer that are less $, but I only saw the super strength. I got regular/medium strength.

Do you have a Ace Beauty Systems in your area? If so, do you know anyone that is a student, barber, hairdresser, nail tech, etc? If so, they have every Affirm and Mizani product that you can imagine. I get the Fiberguard no-lye in a 9-pack with the accessories for $27.00. I don't use lye but I've seen the small jar for less than $10.00. Their prices are sometimes more than half of what you would see in a beauty supply store but the only difference is their products are all fresh since they are the distributors. I get all of my salon products from them. I want to get a license because I hate bothering the person that goes with me all the time when I want to get something from there. I believe their website is www.acebeautysystems.com if you want to see if there is one in your area. Hope this helps.

[ QUOTE ]
jd_bdfly said:
Just found a place that has Mizani lye
clap.gif
and also Dudleys. I saw Affirm too, but wasn't sure if it was lye or no lye b/c it was in a smaller tub and I didn't have the clerk take it out since I was mainly interested in the Mizani. The big tub of Mizani was about $35. The place is called One Stop Beauty Supply in Brooklyn. It's on Nostrand near Atlantic. If you're coming from Fulton, it's on the right side of the street before you hit Atlantic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I'm pretty sure I can take the B44 (that runs on New York Avenue) and just walk over the few blocks to Nostrand. I'm hoping that they have the medium strength Mizani because that's the last strength I used and it's did great on my hair.

Back