Garlic supplements for shedding

sexyeyes3616

Hi everyone i am on my 4th or 3rd week of using oct and my hair is still shedding i really want to keep using this after seeing london diva's progress pics. Do yall think garlic tablets will stop the shedding?

ayoung

I started about 1 week ago with mine. I was taking 2 at night and 2 in the morning (500 mg each)---but even though it said odorless---i would burp:blush:and taste garlic:nono::nono:

So after like 3 days of that I just take 2 at night with a tall glass of water--no more problems.

But---in this short amount of time--i have noticed a huge difference!!

Got mine at GNC for ~$8.00 for 100 of them.

Traycee

I just started taking Garlic supplements yesterday...lol So its to early to give a recommendation or review

belleama

I started about 1 week ago with mine. I was taking 2 at night and 2 in the morning (500 mg each)---but even though it said odorless---i would burp:blush:and taste garlic:nono::nono:

So after like 3 days of that I just take 2 at night with a tall glass of water--no more problems.

But---in this short amount of time--i have noticed a huge difference!!

Got mine at GNC for ~$8.00 for 100 of them.

IIRC the guy at vitamin shoppe said there was a difference between odorless and deoderized garlic. Something like the odorless only means the tablets themselves don't smell like garlic instead of not making you smell like garlic.

The allicin tablets that I'm taking say deoderized. They also had a bunch of odorless tablets as well but I don't think they were in the allicin versions though.

ayoung

:ohwell: Thanks for the info.
Next time i'll get the deodorized---this is what i get for being cheap--they were more :lol:

I'll def. stick to once aday and maybe even other day b/c I DO NOT want to smell like garlic:nono:

ETA: What is IIRC?

cocoberry10

It may seem extreme, but I've eating a clove of raw garlic several times for the last two days for other health reasons.

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/garlic.html

If you chew and then wash it down quickly with water, it is not too bad. Hopefully this will also help my hair.

Bumping! How does this affect your breath and overall body odor? I need to know, b/c I would assume eating a whole garlic clove is best, but I'm not trying to summons the stinky police:lol:

PuffyBrown

I use the supplements as well. I tend to forget to take them so I mix minced garlic and olive oil and put that in my hair. Wrap it with saran wrap and leave it for about 40 mins then prepoo, then wash then DC every weekend. Must be working I haven't had any shedding for awhile. See Aggie's fotki I think she has a garlic treatment regimin posted on there. Also Sereca and Nice and Wavy talked alot about hair shedding and how concerned they were at first. They just decided to let is shed and you see where their hair is now. So when I see shedding I do the garlic treatment and keep moving. If you don't want to take the supplement I know alot of people are using Nutrine shampoo http://www.amazon.com/s.html?ie=UTF8&node=3760931&brand=Nutrine
or Alter Ego http://store.sickbay.biz/alterego.html its not cheap but worth what you pay for.. good luck sweetie.

Last edited:

livesoundtech

I did a search on garlic for shedding and found this thread... so I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to my question:

Instead of taking a garlic supplement, can I just EAT garlic? I use garlic pretty much every day anyway... so are the benefits the same, or is it something specifically in the pill form that helps prevent shedding? I'm about to start using MegaTek and a few ladies have told me that I should consider garlic supplements. However, I'd much rather just cook with garlic more often if the benefits are the same. Does anybody know?