Frustrated!!!!!

Neala21

I am getting a little bored with weaves since I love to change my hair daily. I started the HAIR WEAVE CHALLENGE 2008 which I am currently a a part of and one of the reasons I started this challenge was for me to LEAVE my hair alone so it can grow healthy & retain length and HAIR COMMITMENT. :wallbash: I really need to finish this challenge but I get slight discouraged a little when I compare my hair to my twin sister Neala (she is the one with the longer hair right now in siggy) We would have been at the same lenght if i hadn't BC 2x debating if I wanted to stay natural or just back to relaxer. Not to mention my healthy competitive nature that my sister and I have (it's what keeps up pushing each other forward)

My hair is also 4a fine texture and it just seems when I get to the point that I am bored :ohwell: with my hair is when I do so much to it that I end up causing more damage to it then helping it. My sister NEALA encourages me and tries to tell me stop but then when she complains that her hair isn't long I look at her like she's crazy (cuz it's longer than it was in hs and it's the longest it's ever been and she gets MADD growth!:yep:) And then with my hair being fine there's a lot i'm not able to do to my hair that my sister can causing me more FRUSTRATION.

*Can't* :nono:
Baggy too much moisture cause breakage
No airdrying unless its rollerset cause it will lead to breakage from hair rubbing against each other
Too much product breakage
Detangling in shower breakage from pressure & weight of water
No bone straight relaxer...breakage
Stretching too long...breakage
Daily combing/brushing or manipulation...breakage
Being extremely careful when getting sew-in weaves cause the thread will cause me breakage
Banana clips...breakage

I guess I would be happier when I reach APL and not just barely past SL. I figure once I reach APL it will be a breeze to get to my end goal of MBL. I will admit I have come along ways especially from Nov 07 to current (see bottom pic in siggy) but it was really hard for me NOT to do so much to my hair before really learning to take care of my hair. Learning to break bad habits.

Anyone else felt or feeling like this?

Sorry but I had to vent. Trying to stay motivated when it comes to my hair

I've felt like this before...esp. when I thought I beat breakage and it came back! :ohwell:
It's hard to not do "anything" with your hair, but what helped me was perfecting my regimen with the right products and practices. How's your reggie?

I think that we've all had moments of frustration!!

Just hang in there and remember the prize at the end of the challenge.

Hang in there and remember that if you don't do this, where will your hair be? You'll still be where you were before you started taking care of your hair. Therefore, just stick with it. I know it's hard, I know it's frustrating but you have to be patient and keep treating your hair as best as you can. You'll reap the rewards in the end.

I feel this way all the time regardless how i treat my hair its has a mind of its own. take in consideration do your best how can( u go wrong. ):look::ohwell:.

I've felt like this before...esp. when I thought I beat breakage and it came back! :ohwell:
It's hard to not do "anything" with your hair, but what helped me was perfecting my regimen with the right products and practices. How's your reggie?

Right now my reggie after tweeking 50-11 times is currently
*Wash 1x weekly with shampoo
*Moisturize 2-3x a week but now I plan to mositurize my breakage areas in the back of my hair 5x a week and that texture there is slightly different
*Seal after moisturizing
*NEWLY incorporating in rollersets instead of opting for flat irons
*Weekly DC unless I have in a weave then it's after I take down my weave
*Stretching relaxer to 12 weeks
*NEWLY opted for color showers when I want color instead of permanenant color
*No heavy proteins
*Using Giovanni direct when using a leave-in conditioner
*No trimming unless needed (this has always been the case since I rarely get split ends)

No-no's I've been doing and DEFINATELY need to work on
*Daily combing when my hair isn't in a weave
*Flat ironing when I don't wanna rollerset
*Being too lazy to moisturize some days
*Using too much product

I think you are being a bit too hard on yourself. From the pictures you have posted I think you have made excellent progress! For me I think progress is finding out what doesn't work for me. Then it easy to continue on with good hair maintanance practices. Keep up the good work!

Back