Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner for Fine Hair (Cowash Possibility)?

PaperClip

Please advise if the ingredients in this product are conducive to beneficial co-washing. I used this product for the first time earlier this week (had a coupon!) and I think I was pleasantly surprised at the result. The curls/coils were more defined without product. I got the product because it was for fine hair (and no cones). I just wanted to check in with this to see if there were any ingredients that I should be concerned about. It's not a natural product, I'm aware of that.... It would be nice to have a reliable drugstore product. Ingredients are listed below. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner for Fine Hair
Ingredients
Water , PEG-150 , Stearyl Alcohol , SMDI Copolymer , Polyquaternium-37 , Fragrance , Phenoxyethanol , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate , Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract Apple , Methylparaben , PPG-1-Trideceth-6 , Niacinamide , Pyridoxine HCI , Citric Acid , Ethylparaben , Butylparaben , Saccharum Officinarum Extract Sugar Cane , Isobutylparaben , Propylparaben , Citrus Medica Limonium Peel Extract Lemon , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract

I have not used the Fine Hair version but I have used the Fructis Fortifying Sleek and Shine conditioner and I love it.

And the conditioners have no cones so that is a major plus for me. I will not used a cone filled conditioner for a co wash.

Some of Garnier Fructis conditioners do have cones in them. The sleek and shine conditioner has Amodimethicone. At least it did last time I looked. I'd be happy to know if they changed it.

As for the one for fine hair, I have heard of people using this for cowashing with good results. You know, it really depends on how strict you want to be about product ingredients. I cowash daily and would not want to use a product with polyquats, and I especially would not want to use anything with so many parabens. If you wash less frequently this might not be a concern for you. Why not try it for a while and see how it goes? It seems like your hair really likes it.

Ohh... what are polyquats? I'm not completely ok with the parabens, either.... I'm still working out a routine....

Cichelle said:
Some of Garnier Fructis conditioners do have cones in them. The sleek and shine conditioner has Amodimethicone. At least it did last time I looked. I'd be happy to know if they changed it.

As for the one for fine hair, I have heard of people using this for cowashing with good results. You know, it really depends on how strict you want to be about product ingredients. I cowash daily and would not want to use a product with polyquats, and I especially would not want to use anything with so many parabens. If you wash less frequently this might not be a concern for you. Why not try it for a while and see how it goes? It seems like your hair really likes it.

Really? I thought it didn't.....now I'm not sure....I will double check tonight. But I do know that my hair loves the sleek and shine.

What are the negatives with the polyquats? I am not familiar with this ingredient. Thanks.

Back