Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner for Fine Hair (Cowash Possibility)?

PaperClip

Please advise if the ingredients in this product are conducive to beneficial co-washing. I used this product for the first time earlier this week (had a coupon!) and I think I was pleasantly surprised at the result. The curls/coils were more defined without product. I got the product because it was for fine hair (and no cones). I just wanted to check in with this to see if there were any ingredients that I should be concerned about. It's not a natural product, I'm aware of that.... It would be nice to have a reliable drugstore product. Ingredients are listed below. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner for Fine Hair
Ingredients
Water , PEG-150 , Stearyl Alcohol , SMDI Copolymer , Polyquaternium-37 , Fragrance , Phenoxyethanol , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate , Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract Apple , Methylparaben , PPG-1-Trideceth-6 , Niacinamide , Pyridoxine HCI , Citric Acid , Ethylparaben , Butylparaben , Saccharum Officinarum Extract Sugar Cane , Isobutylparaben , Propylparaben , Citrus Medica Limonium Peel Extract Lemon , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract

douglala

I have not used the Fine Hair version but I have used the Fructis Fortifying Sleek and Shine conditioner and I love it.

And the conditioners have no cones so that is a major plus for me. I will not used a cone filled conditioner for a co wash.

Cichelle

Some of Garnier Fructis conditioners do have cones in them. The sleek and shine conditioner has Amodimethicone. At least it did last time I looked. I'd be happy to know if they changed it.

As for the one for fine hair, I have heard of people using this for cowashing with good results. You know, it really depends on how strict you want to be about product ingredients. I cowash daily and would not want to use a product with polyquats, and I especially would not want to use anything with so many parabens. If you wash less frequently this might not be a concern for you. Why not try it for a while and see how it goes? It seems like your hair really likes it.

PaperClip

Ohh... what are polyquats? I'm not completely ok with the parabens, either.... I'm still working out a routine....

douglala

Cichelle said:
Some of Garnier Fructis conditioners do have cones in them. The sleek and shine conditioner has Amodimethicone. At least it did last time I looked. I'd be happy to know if they changed it.

As for the one for fine hair, I have heard of people using this for cowashing with good results. You know, it really depends on how strict you want to be about product ingredients. I cowash daily and would not want to use a product with polyquats, and I especially would not want to use anything with so many parabens. If you wash less frequently this might not be a concern for you. Why not try it for a while and see how it goes? It seems like your hair really likes it.

Really? I thought it didn't.....now I'm not sure....I will double check tonight. But I do know that my hair loves the sleek and shine.

What are the negatives with the polyquats? I am not familiar with this ingredient. Thanks.