From those who have ordered mtg a question

NYRICAN1

I just received my shipment of shapley mtg I ordered a 32 oz that totaled 21.90 but I noticed the box was a little heavy so when I opened it there was 12 bottles of it. I think this is an error. what should I do ? Its a lot of mtg.

lovelymissyoli

NYRICAN1 said:
I just received my shipment of shapley mtg I ordered a 32 oz that totaled 21.90 but I noticed the box was a little heavy so when I opened it there was 12 bottles of it. I think this is an error. what should I do ? Its a lot of mtg.

IMO, I would give it back. It would be on my conscience if I kept it knowing that I didn't pay for it. However, you do what you think is best. If you keep it, you keep it, that's you. However, if you return it, knowing Shapley's they may reward you in some other way for your honesty --- it happened to me once, although it didn't involve MTG.

val1212

I would return it and also check my credit card statement to make sure they didnt charge you for all of it.

Crysdon

NYRICAN1 said:

First, make sure you were not charged for 12 bottles. After clearing that up, send the extras back. Remember it's stealing if you keep it.

I know you'll do the right thing. ;)

L

lkg4healthyhair

I would check to see what you were charged for then give them a call and let them know the deal. They may tell you to keep them for the inconvience anyway....either way I would be honest about it.

SqrpioQutie

lkg4healthyhair said:
I would check to see what you were charged for then give them a call and let them know the deal. They may tell you to keep them for the inconvience anyway....either way I would be honest about it.

ditto... some poor person my have received ur order and paid for the order u received...

Mestiza

Crysdon said:
First, make sure you were not charged for 12 bottles. After clearing that up, send the extras back. Remember it's stealing if you keep it.

I know you'll do the right thing.

Just to let you know... If you receive something by mail that you didn't purchase, it's NOT stealing. You are allowed to keep it, or return it if you would like. It's completely up to the recipient.

Something similar happened to me, once. I am not a big sports fan. Well, I was sent some sports memorabilia that I had not ordered from a company. I called to let them know that I was going to send it back. I spoke w/ a CSR and his Supervisor. She told me to keep it and said that according to federal law, if someone is erroneously sent something in the mail that he/she has NOT purchased, then, that person is allowed to keep it. I asked my uncle's friend, who is an attorney, and he said that was true. BTW, I gave the sports memorabilia to my dad and brother.

Mestiza

lkg4healthyhair said:

ITA! That's what I would do, also.

Crysdon

Mestiza said:
Just to let you know... If you receive something by mail that you didn't purchase, it's NOT stealing. You are allowed to keep it, or return it if you would like. It's completely up to the recipient.

Something similar happened to me, once. I am not a big sports fan. Well, I was sent some sports memorabilia that I had not ordered from a company. I called to let them know that I was going to send it back. I spoke w/ a CSR and his Supervisor. She told me to keep it and said that according to federal law, if someone is erroneously sent something in the mail that he/she has NOT purchased, then, that person is allowed to keep it. I asked my uncle's friend, who is an attorney, and he said that was true. BTW, I gave the sports memorabilia to my dad and brother.

If you didn't pay for it, it's stealing.

Mestiza

Originally Posted by Crysdon

I know you'll do the right thing.

Originally Posted by Mestiza

Crysdon said:
If you didn't pay for it, it's stealing.

That's your OPINION, but, the law says otherwise!

I haven't stolen a thing in my life. In my case, I called the company to return the sports memorabilia that they sent to me in error and they told me to keep it! So, maybe they stole their own merchandise. LOL!

One last time, I would call the company and let them know about the mistake that they made!

Blossssom

Mestiza said:

Legally, she is entitled to keep it, but what about morally?

Was it 12-32 oz. bottles? That's a huge error.

I'd probably send it back, though, but I'm such a "do gooder" :)

Mestiza

Originally Posted by Mestiza

Blossssom said:
Legally, she is entitled to keep it, but what about morally?

Was it 12-32 oz. bottles? That's a huge error.

I'd probably send it back, though, but I'm such a "do gooder"

I would call the company, let them know what happened and that I was sending it back to them. I'm such a "do gooder", too.

I didn't want NYRICAN1 thinking that she was stealing, which, was stated by another poster, if she decides to keep it b/c she commited no crime in that company mistakenly sending her the extra MTG. BTW, I've never purchased MTG.

Now, it's time for me to get off this horse. LOL! HHG, ladies!

Mahalialee4

Ladies: It is called "Promotions"...The company has already paid for it. It is the same as receiving "complimentary tickets: backstage passes: complimentary stadium seats: The company has already paid for it and it is endorsed and the reason it is sent out randomly is to get people aware and hopefully buy the product on a regular basis should it be put in the stores....but they are test samples!!!!!Bonjour

imstush

LOL...you know you can always sell it here!!! But just to be on the safe side check you credit info to make sure you weren't charged...and up to you, you can call the company to make sure or just keep it and watch your hair grow to your ankles.:lol: But either way just make sure you weren't over charged.